Zope application server / web framework
Zope is an open-source web application server.
This document provides some general information about Zope and provides links to other documents.
Documentation can be found at https://zope.readthedocs.io.
Installation information can be found at https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/latest/INSTALL-buildout.html
Note that you cannot simply do pip install Zope, because you need specific versions of all dependencies. Follow the documentation to ensure you get the correct versions, or else installation is very likely to fail.
The Zope License is included in LICENSE.txt.
Bugs reports should be made through the Zope bugtracker at https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/issues. A bug report should contain detailed information about how to reproduce the bug.
This file contains change information for the current Zope release. Change information for previous versions of Zope can be found at https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/2.13/CHANGES.html
For the change log of the alpha versions see https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/blob/4.0a6/CHANGES.rst
- Add support for IPv6 addresses for the trusted-proxy zope.conf setting.
- Fix special double under methods on HTTPRequest.record class.
- Add missing version pin for Zope2 in versions-prod.cfg.
- Fix HTTPExceptionHandler to be usable as part of the WSGI pipeline in testbrowser tests.
- Explicitly make all classes new-style classes.
With this release the egg of the project is named Zope instead of Zope2. There is a meta package named Zope2 which depends on Zope.
See https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/latest/WHATSNEW.html for a higher level description of the changes.
- Add support for Python 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6.
- Drop support for Python 2.6.
- Removed the old help system, in favor of the current Sphinx documentation hosted at https://zope.readthedocs.io/. For backwards compatibility the registerHelp and registerHelpTitle methods are still available on the ProductContext used during the initialize function.
- Remove ZMI re-ordering features.
- Retired icons from the Zope Management Interface and various smaller cleanups of ZMI screens.
- Remove xml-export.
- Remove Globals package, opened database are now found in Zope2.opened next to Zope2.DB.
- Remove proxy role support from DTML documents and methods.
- Remove Products.ZReST and the reStructuredText wrapper, you can use docutils directly to gain reST support.
- Stop setting CLIENT_HOME as a builtin, get it via App.config.getConfiguration().clienthome instead.
- Drop OFS.History functionality.
- Removed OFS.DefaultObservable - an early predecessor of zope.event.
- Removed OFS.ZDOM. OFS.SimpleItem.Item now implements getParentNode().
- Removed special code to create user folders and page templates while creating new OFS.Folder instances.
- Removed the App.version_txt.getZopeVersion API, you can use pkg_resources.get_distribution('Zope').version instead.
- On the application object, removed PrincipiaTime in favor of ZopeTime and PrincipiaRedirect in favor of Redirect or ZopeRedirect.
- Removed bobobase_modification_time from Persistence.Persistent, you can use DateTime(object._p_mtime) instead.
- Removed the special handling of Set-Cookie headers in HTTPResponse.setHeader. Use the setCookie/appendCookie/expireCookie methods instead, or if low-level control is needed, use addHeader instead to get the exact same effect.
- Raise BadRequest instead of returning MessageDialog.
- Update available HTTP response code, 302 is now called Found.
- Refactor browser:view and browser:page directives. This makes their implementation more similar to that in zope.browserpage and adds allowed_interface support for the browser:view directive. By default the aq_* attributes are no longer available on those views/pages.
- Removed the last remaining code to support SOFTWARE_HOME and ZOPE_HOME.
- Simplified instance skeleton, removing old Extensions, import, lib/python and Products from the default. You can continue to manually add these back.
- Remove the zopectl script.
- Document running Zope as a WSGI application.
- Remove Connection and Transfer-Encoding headers from WSGI responses. According to PEP 333 WSGI applications must not emit hop-by-hop headers.
- Ensure that the WSGIPublisher begins and ends an interaction at the request/response barrier. This is required for instance for the checkPermission call to function without an explicit interaction parameter.
- Make the WSGIPublisher normalize HTTP exception classes based on name (for example, any exception named NotFound will be converted into zExceptions.NotFound). This restores compatibility with similar behavior of the old publisher.
- Change the WSGIResponse exception methods to raise exceptions instead of returning responses. This includes notFoundError, forbiddenError, debugError, badRequestError and unauthorized.
- Add support for exception views to WSGIPublisher.
- Add support for ConflictError and TransientError retry logic directly into WSGIPublisher, thus repoze.tm2 and repoze.retry are no longer needed and no longer supported.
- Change Testing to use the WSGI publisher for functional and testbrowser based tests incl. functional doctests. Alternatives are available in ZServer.Testing.
- Split a WSGI part out of Zope2.Startup.ZopeStarter.
- Include waitress as a default WSGI app server.
- Add egg:Zope#httpexceptions WSGI middleware.
- Add a new runwsgi script to serve PasteDeploy files.
- Support ZODB 5.
- Removed persistent default content like standard_error_message, error_log, temp_folder and index_html.
- Removed ZMI controls for restarting the process, these no longer apply when managed as a WSGI application.
- Remove DebugInfo and DavLocks from control panel.
- Move undo management to the control panel.
- Simplify ZMI control panel and globally available management screens.
- Remove control panel object from the ZODB, it is no longer persistent.
- Split out Lifetime, webdav and ZServer packages into a ZServer project.
- Move EtagSupport, Lockable and LockItem from webdav into OFS.
- Move ZPublisher.Publish module into ZServer distribution.
- Move Products.SiteAccess into ZServer distribution.
- Move ZServer related testing support into ZServer.Testing.
- Always configure a blob-dir in the default skeleton.
- Removed mime-types option from zope.conf. You can use the add_files API from zope.contenttype instead.
- Split a WSGI part out of zopeschema.xml. This reduces the supported zope.conf directives when run under WSGI.
- Remove profiling support via publisher-profile-file directive.
- Removed various persistent product related code and options. The enable-product-installation zope.conf setting is now a no-op.
- Changed the value for default-zpublisher-encoding to utf-8. If you set a different value for management_page_charset consider changing default-zpublisher-encoding now.
- Removed the enable-ms-author-via directive which was only required for very old web folder implementations from before 2007.
- Changed zope.conf default settings for zserver-threads to 2 and python-check-interval to 1000.
Integrate code from and drop dependency on five.globalrequest.
Integrate five.pt code directly into Products.PageTemplates.
Drop ZopeUndo dependency.
Remove Products.StandardCacheManagers dependency.
Remove dependency on initgroups. Use the standard libraries os.initgroups instead.
Merge Products.OFSP project back in.
Products.SiteErrorLog is now a separated package and Zope no longer depends on it.
Split Products.TemporaryFolder and Products.ZODBMountPoint into one new project called Products.TemporaryFolder.
Create new Products.Sessions distribution including Products.Sessions and Products.Transience code.
Dropped the direct dependencies on packages that have been factored out of the main Zope 2 tree. Make sure you declare a dependency in your own distribution if you still use one of these:
- Five.browser: Marked processInputs and setPageEncoding as deprecated. processInputs was replaced by the postProcessInputs request method and the charset negotiation done by setPageEncoding was never fully supported.
- Add support to SameSite cookie in ZPublisher.HTTPBaseResponse: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-first-party-cookies-07
- Optimized the OFS.ObjectManager.__contains__ method to do the least amount of work necessary.
- Optimized the OFS.Traversable.getPhysicalPath method to avoid excessive amounts of method calls.
- During startup open a connection to every configured database, to ensure all of them can indeed be accessed. This avoids surprises during runtime when traversal to some database mountpoint could fail as the underlying storage cannot be opened at all.
- Explicitly close all databases on shutdown, which ensures Data.fs.index gets written to the file system.
- ZPublisher: If IBrowserPage is provided by a view, form input is decoded. This makes it easier to use zope.formlib and z3c.form in Zope 2.
- Fix reflective XSS in findResult.
- Patch zope.interface to remove docstrings and avoid publishing.
- Don’t copy items the user is not allowed to view.
- Quote variable in manage_tabs to avoid XSS.
- Removed docstrings from some methods to avoid publishing them.
- LP #789863: Ensure that Request objects cannot be published / traversed directly via a URL.
- Port tests for str.format security fix from Zope 2.13.
- PropertyManagers and PropertySheets now correctly accept all forms of strings as property values.
- Allow handling of multipart requests in functional doctests using http.
- Fix Content-Length header for non-ascii responses incl. a base tag.
- bobo_traverse of ProductDispatcher did not correctly invalidate cache when a product was not initializes after first access of the cache. Types that were added in test-profiles were not useable.
- Issue #16: prevent leaked connections when broken EndRequestEvent subscribers raise exceptions.
- Made sure getConfiguration().default_zpublisher_encoding is set correctly.
- Issue #28: Fix publishing of IStreamIterator. This interface does not have seek or tell. Introduce IUnboundStreamIterator to support publishing iterators of unknown length.
- Removed the (very obsolete) thread lock around the cookie parsing code in HTTPRequest.py; the python re module is thread-safe, unlike the ancient regex module that was once used here.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|File Name & Checksum SHA256 Checksum Help||Version||File Type||Upload Date|
|Zope-4.0b2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (690.1 kB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||py2.py3||Wheel||Oct 13, 2017|
|Zope-4.0b2.tar.gz (4.7 MB) Copy SHA256 Checksum SHA256||–||Source||Oct 13, 2017|