Zope2 application server / web framework
Zope2 is an open-source web application server.
This document provides some general information about Zope2 and provides links to other documents.
Installation information can be found in doc/INSTALL.rst. Other documentation is also in the “doc” directory and in the zope.org documentation section at http://docs.zope.org/ .
General Zope information is available at http://www.zope.org/
Follow the instructions in doc/INSTALL.rst to install Zope.
The Zope License is included in ZopePublicLicense.txt. Send your feedback about the license to email@example.com.
Bugs reports should be made through the Zope bugtracker at https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2. A bug report should contain detailed information about how to reproduce the bug, error messages (see /error_log within the ZMI or var/event.log).
You can also subscribe online from here: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope
This file contains change information for the current Zope release. Change information for previous versions of Zope can be found at http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/.
This release includes all bug fixes and features of the Zope 2.12.8 release.
- Moved AccessControl, DocumentTemplate (incl. TreeDisplay) and Products.ZCTextIndex to their own distributions. This removes the last direct C extensions from the Zope2 distribution.
- Moved the zExceptions package into its own distribution.
- Drop the dependency on the ThreadLock distribution, by using Python’s thread module instead.
- Integrated zLOG package back into this distribution.
- Integrated the Products.signalstack / z3c.deadlockdebugger packages. You can now send a SIGUSR1 signal to a Zope process and get a stack trace of all threads printed out on the console. This works even if all threads are stuck.
- Changed the default for enable-product-installation to off. This matches the default behavior of buildout installs via plone.recipe.zope2instance.
- Removed Zope2’s own mkzeoinstance script. If you want to set up ZEO instances please install the zope.mkzeoinstance and use its script.
- Removed deprecated read-only-database option from zope.conf.
- LP #143232: Added option to ‘zope.conf’ to specify an additional directory to be searched for ‘App.Extensions’ lookups. Thanks to Rodrigo Senra for the patch.
- LP #143604: Removed top-level database-quota-size from zope.conf, some storages support a quota option instead.
- LP #143089: Removed the top-level zeo-client-name option from zope.conf, as it had no effect since ZODB 3.2.
- Removed no longer maintained configure, make, make install related installation files. Zope2 can only be installed via its setup.py.
- Removed the unmaintained and no longer functioning ZopeTutorialExamples from the instance skeleton.
- Finished the move of five.formlib to an extra package and removed it from Zope 2 itself. Upgrade notes have been added to the news section of the release notes.
- ZPublisher: Removed ‘Main’ and ‘Zope’ wrappers for Test.publish. If anybody really used them, he can easily use ZPublisher.test instead. In the long run ZPublisher.test and ZPublisher.Test might also be removed.
- ZPublisherExceptionHook: Removed ancient backwards compatibility code. Customized raise_standardErrorMessage methods have to implement the signature introduced in Zope 2.6.
- Removed ancient App.HotFixes module.
- Removed the deprecated hasRole method from user objects.
- Removed deprecated support for specifying __ac_permissions__, meta_types and methods in a product’s __init__.
- Remove remaining support classes for defining permissions TTW.
- Removed the deprecated five:containerEvents directive, which had been a no-op for quite a while.
- Removed Products.Five.fivedirectives.IBridgeDirective - a leftover from the Interface to zope.interface bridging code.
- Marked the <five:implements /> as officially deprecated. The standard <class /> directive allows the same.
- Completely refactored ZPublisher.WSGIResponse in order to provide non-broken support for running Zope under arbitrary WSGI servers. In this (alternate) scenario, transaction handling, request retry, error handling, etc. are removed from the publisher, and become the responsibility of middleware.
- Moved the code handling ZCML loading into the Zope2.App package. The component architecture is now setup before the application object is created or any database connections are opened. So far the CA was setup somewhat randomly in the startup process, when the Five product was initialized.
- Moved Products.Sessions APIs from SessionInterfaces to interfaces, leaving behind the old module / names for backward compatibility.
- Centralize interfaces defined in Products.ZCTextIndex, leaving BBB imports behind in old locations.
- Moved cmf.* permissions into Products.CMFCore.
- Moved TaintedString into the new AccessControl.tainted module.
- Testing: Functional.publish now uses the real publish_module function instead of that from ZPublisher.Test. The ‘extra’ argument of the publish method is no longer supported.
- Moved testbrowser module into the Testing package.
- Moved general OFS related ZCML directives from Products.Five into the OFS package.
- Moved the absoluteurl views into the OFS package.
- Moved Products/Five/event.zcml into the OFS package.
- Moved Products/Five/security.py and security related ZCML configuration into the AccessControl package.
- Moved Products/Five/traversing.zcml directly into the configure.zcml.
- Moved Products/Five/i18n.zcml into the ZPublisher package.
- Moved Products/Five/publisher.zcml into the ZPublisher package.
- Ported the lazy expression into zope.tales and require a new version of it.
- Updated copyright and license information to conform with repository policy.
- LP #143410: Removed unnecessary color definition in ZMI CSS.
- LP #374810: __bobo_traverse__ implementation can raise ZPublisher.interfaces.UseTraversalDefault to indicate that there is no special casing for the given name and that standard traversal logic should be applied.
- LP #142464: Make undo log easier to read. Thanks to Toby Dickinson for the patch.
- LP #142401: Added a link in the ZMI tree pane to make the tree state persistent. Thanks to Lalo Martins for the patch.
- LP #142502: Added a knob to the Debug control panel for resetting profile data. Thanks to Vladimir Patukhov for the patch.
- ZCTextIndex query parser treats fullwidth space characters defined in Unicode as valid white space.
- Jinja2 = 2.5.0
- RestrictedPython = 3.6.0a1
- Sphinx = 1.0b2
- transaction = 1.1.0
- ZConfig = 2.8.0
- ZODB3 = 3.10.0b1
- zope.annotation = 3.5.0
- zope.broken = 3.6.0
- zope.browsermenu = 3.9.0
- zope.browserpage = 3.12.2
- zope.browserresource = 3.10.3
- zope.component = 3.9.4
- zope.configuration = 3.7.2
- zope.container = 3.11.1
- zope.contentprovider = 3.7.2
- zope.contenttype = 3.5.1
- zope.event = 3.5.0-1
- zope.exceptions = 3.6.0
- zope.filerepresentation = 3.6.0
- zope.i18nmessageid = 3.5.0
- zope.interface = 3.6.1
- zope.location = 3.9.0
- zope.lifecycleevent = 3.6.0
- zope.ptresource = 3.9.0
- zope.publisher = 3.12.3
- zope.schema = 3.6.4
- zope.sendmail = 3.7.2
- zope.site = 3.9.1
- zope.structuredtext = 3.5.0
- zope.tales = 3.5.1
- zope.testbrowser = 3.9.0
- zope.testing = 3.9.3
- zope.traversing = 3.12.1
- zope.viewlet = 3.7.2
- LP #143391: Protect against missing acl_users.hasUsers on quick start page.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Zope2-2.13.0a1.zip (1.9 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|