Zope2 application server / web framework
Zope2 is an open-source web application server.
This document provides some general information about Zope2 and provides links to other documents.
Installation information can be found in doc/INSTALL.rst. Other documentation is also in the “doc” directory and in the zope.org documentation section at http://docs.zope.org/ .
General Zope information is available at http://www.zope.org/
Follow the instructions in doc/INSTALL.rst to install Zope.
The Zope License is included in ZopePublicLicense.txt. Send your feedback about the license to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bugs reports should be made through the Zope bugtracker at https://bugs.launchpad.net/zope2. A bug report should contain detailed information about how to reproduce the bug, error messages (see /error_log within the ZMI or var/event.log).
You can also subscribe online from here: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope
This file contains change information for the current Zope release. Change information for previous versions of Zope can be found at http://docs.zope.org/zope2/releases/.
- Made ZPublisher tests compatible with Python 2.7.
- LP #143531: Fix broken object so they give access to their state.
- LP #578326: Add support for non-public permission attributes in the browser:view directive.
- No longer use HelpSys pages from Products.OFSP in core Zope 2.
- Register OFS as a package and give it an initialize function. Moved registration of OFS classes there from Products.OFSP. ZopeTestCase will no longer install the OFSP product automatically, so you might need to change your test layer setup to load the OFS configure.zcml and call installPackage(‘OFS’).
- No longer create an Extensions folder in the standard instance skeleton. External methods will become entirely optional in Zope 2.14.
- Avoid using the Products.PythonScripts.standard module inside the database manager ZMI.
- Factored out the Products.BTreeFolder2, Products.ExternalMethod, Products.MIMETools, Products.OFSP, Products.PythonScripts and Products.StandardCacheManagers packages into their own distributions. They will no longer be included by default in Zope 2.14 but live on as independent add-ons.
- Factored out the Products.ZSQLMethods into its own distribution. The distribution also includes the Shared.DC.ZRDB code. The Zope2 distribution no longer includes the code automatically. Please depend on the new distribution yourself, if you use the functionality. To make the transition easier this change has been backported to Zope 2.12.9, so you can depend on the new distribution already in packages requiring at least that version of Zope 2.
- Made both Shared and Shared.DC namespace packages.
- Removed fallback code for old Python versions from ZServer.FTPServer.zope_ftp_channel.push.
- Removed fallback code for old ZCatalog.catalog_object function signatures from Products.ZCatalog.ZCatalog.reindexIndex.
- Added official support for Python 2.7.
- Added a new API get_packages_to_initialize to OFS.metaconfigure. This replaces any direct access to Products._packages_to_initialize. The OFS.Application.install_package function takes care of removing entries from this list now.
- Added notification of IDatabaseOpenedWithRoot.
- Added a new API’s get_registered_packages, set_registered_packages to OFS.metaconfigure which replace any direct access to Products._registered_packages.
- Changed product install so it won’t write persistent changes only to abort them. Instead we don’t make any database changes in the first place.
- Disabled persistent product installation in the default test configuration.
- Directly extend and use the Zope Toolkit KGS release 1.0a2 from http://download.zope.org/zopetoolkit/index/.
- Updated packages:
- DateTime = 2.12.4
- nt_svcutils = 2.13.0
This release includes all bug fixes and features of the Zope 2.12.8 release.
- Moved AccessControl, DocumentTemplate (incl. TreeDisplay) and Products.ZCTextIndex to their own distributions. This removes the last direct C extensions from the Zope2 distribution.
- Moved the zExceptions package into its own distribution.
- Drop the dependency on the ThreadLock distribution, by using Python’s thread module instead.
- Integrated the Products.signalstack / z3c.deadlockdebugger packages. You can now send a SIGUSR1 signal to a Zope process and get a stack trace of all threads printed out on the console. This works even if all threads are stuck.
- Changed the default for enable-product-installation to off. This matches the default behavior of buildout installs via plone.recipe.zope2instance. Disabling the persistent product installation also disabled the ZMI help system.
- Removed Zope2’s own mkzeoinstance script. If you want to set up ZEO instances please install the zope.mkzeoinstance and use its script.
- Removed deprecated read-only-database option from zope.conf.
- LP #143232: Added option to ‘zope.conf’ to specify an additional directory to be searched for ‘App.Extensions’ lookups. Thanks to Rodrigo Senra for the patch.
- LP #143604: Removed top-level database-quota-size from zope.conf, some storages support a quota option instead.
- LP #143089: Removed the top-level zeo-client-name option from zope.conf, as it had no effect since ZODB 3.2.
- Removed no longer maintained configure, make, make install related installation files. Zope2 can only be installed via its setup.py.
- Removed the unmaintained and no longer functioning ZopeTutorialExamples from the instance skeleton.
- Finished the move of five.formlib to an extra package and removed it from Zope 2 itself. Upgrade notes have been added to the news section of the release notes.
- ZPublisher: Removed ‘Main’ and ‘Zope’ wrappers for Test.publish. If anybody really used them, he can easily use ZPublisher.test instead. In the long run ZPublisher.test and ZPublisher.Test might also be removed.
- ZPublisherExceptionHook: Removed ancient backwards compatibility code. Customized raise_standardErrorMessage methods have to implement the signature introduced in Zope 2.6.
- Removed ancient App.HotFixes module.
- Removed the deprecated hasRole method from user objects.
- Removed deprecated support for specifying __ac_permissions__, meta_types and methods in a product’s __init__.
- Remove remaining support classes for defining permissions TTW.
- Removed the deprecated five:containerEvents directive, which had been a no-op for quite a while.
- Removed Products.Five.fivedirectives.IBridgeDirective - a leftover from the Interface to zope.interface bridging code.
- Marked the <five:implements /> as officially deprecated. The standard <class /> directive allows the same.
- Completely refactored ZPublisher.WSGIResponse in order to provide non-broken support for running Zope under arbitrary WSGI servers. In this (alternate) scenario, transaction handling, request retry, error handling, etc. are removed from the publisher, and become the responsibility of middleware.
- Moved the code handling ZCML loading into the Zope2.App package. The component architecture is now setup before the application object is created or any database connections are opened. So far the CA was setup somewhat randomly in the startup process, when the Five product was initialized.
- Moved Products.Sessions APIs from SessionInterfaces to interfaces, leaving behind the old module / names for backward compatibility.
- Centralize interfaces defined in Products.ZCTextIndex, leaving BBB imports behind in old locations.
- Moved cmf.* permissions into Products.CMFCore.
- Moved TaintedString into the new AccessControl.tainted module.
- Testing: Functional.publish now uses the real publish_module function instead of that from ZPublisher.Test. The ‘extra’ argument of the publish method is no longer supported.
- Moved testbrowser module into the Testing package.
- Moved general OFS related ZCML directives from Products.Five into the OFS package.
- Moved the absoluteurl views into the OFS package.
- Moved Products/Five/event.zcml into the OFS package.
- Moved Products/Five/security.py and security related ZCML configuration into the AccessControl package.
- Moved Products/Five/traversing.zcml directly into the configure.zcml.
- Moved Products/Five/i18n.zcml into the ZPublisher package.
- Moved Products/Five/publisher.zcml into the ZPublisher package.
- Ported the lazy expression into zope.tales and require a new version of it.
- Updated copyright and license information to conform with repository policy.
- LP #143410: Removed unnecessary color definition in ZMI CSS.
- LP #374810: __bobo_traverse__ implementation can raise ZPublisher.interfaces.UseTraversalDefault to indicate that there is no special casing for the given name and that standard traversal logic should be applied.
- LP #142464: Make undo log easier to read. Thanks to Toby Dickinson for the patch.
- LP #142401: Added a link in the ZMI tree pane to make the tree state persistent. Thanks to Lalo Martins for the patch.
- LP #142502: Added a knob to the Debug control panel for resetting profile data. Thanks to Vladimir Patukhov for the patch.
- ZCTextIndex query parser treats fullwidth space characters defined in Unicode as valid white space.
- Jinja2 = 2.5.0
- RestrictedPython = 3.6.0a1
- Sphinx = 1.0b2
- transaction = 1.1.0
- ZConfig = 2.8.0
- ZODB3 = 3.10.0b1
- zope.annotation = 3.5.0
- zope.broken = 3.6.0
- zope.browsermenu = 3.9.0
- zope.browserpage = 3.12.2
- zope.browserresource = 3.10.3
- zope.component = 3.9.4
- zope.configuration = 3.7.2
- zope.container = 3.11.1
- zope.contentprovider = 3.7.2
- zope.contenttype = 3.5.1
- zope.event = 3.5.0-1
- zope.exceptions = 3.6.0
- zope.filerepresentation = 3.6.0
- zope.i18nmessageid = 3.5.0
- zope.interface = 3.6.1
- zope.location = 3.9.0
- zope.lifecycleevent = 3.6.0
- zope.ptresource = 3.9.0
- zope.publisher = 3.12.3
- zope.schema = 3.6.4
- zope.sendmail = 3.7.2
- zope.site = 3.9.1
- zope.structuredtext = 3.5.0
- zope.tales = 3.5.1
- zope.testbrowser = 3.9.0
- zope.testing = 3.9.3
- zope.traversing = 3.12.1
- zope.viewlet = 3.7.2
- LP #143391: Protect against missing acl_users.hasUsers on quick start page.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Zope2-2.13.0a2.zip (1.6 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|