Zope2 application server / web framework
Zope is an open-source web application server.
This document provides some general information about Zope and provides links to other documents.
Installation information can be found in docs/INSTALL.rst. Other documentation is also in the “docs” directory and in the Zope documentation section at https://zope.readthedocs.io .
Follow the instructions in docs/INSTALL.rst to install Zope.
If you do not have a source checkout with docs, you can find the latest install docs online at https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/latest/INSTALL-buildout.html
Note that you cannot simply do pip install zope2, because you need specific versions of all dependencies. Follow the documentation to ensure you get the correct versions, or else installation is very likely to fail.
The Zope License is included in LICENSE.txt.
Bugs reports should be made through the Zope bugtracker at https://github.com/zopefoundation/Zope/issues. A bug report should contain detailed information about how to reproduce the bug.
This file contains change information for the current Zope release. Change information for previous versions of Zope can be found at https://zope.readthedocs.io/en/2.13/CHANGES.html
- #116: Restore exception views for unauthorized.
- Restore a _unauthorized hook on the response object.
- Restore HTTPResponse.redirect behaviour of not raising an exception.
- AccessControl = 4.0a6
- Acquisition = 4.4.2
- Record = 3.3
- zope.dottedname = 4.2.0
- zope.i18nmessageid = 4.1.0
- Fixed reflective XSS in findResult. This applies PloneHotfix20170117. [maurits]
- Patch zope.interface to remove docstrings and avoid publishing. From Products.PloneHotfix20161129. [maurits]
- Don’t copy items the user is not allowed to view. From Products.PloneHotfix20161129. [maurits]
- Make the WSGIPublisher normalize HTTP exception classes based on name (for example, any exception named NotFound will be converted into zExceptions.NotFound). This restores compatibility with similar behavior of the old publisher. [davisagli]
- Use unicode transaction-notes to support ZODB 5. [pbauer]
Add support to SameSite cookie in ZPublisher.HTTPBaseResponse: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-west-first-party-cookies-07
- AccessControl = 4.0a4
- Acquisition = 4.3.0
- BTrees = 4.4.1
- DateTime = 4.2
- DocumentTemplate = 3.0a1
- ExtensionClass = 4.3.0
- Missing = 3.2
- MultiMapping = 3.1
- Persistence = 3.0a3
- persistent = 4.2.2
- Products.ZCatalog = 4.0a3
- pytz = 2016.10
- Record = 3.2
- transaction = 2.1.1
- waitress = 1.0.2
- WebOb = 1.7.1
- WebTest = 2.0.26
- WSGIProxy2 = 0.4.3
- zdaemon = 4.2.0
- ZEO = 5.0.4
- zExceptions = 3.6
- ZODB = 5.2.0
- zope.configuration = 4.1.0
- zope.deprecation = 4.2.0
- zope.interface = 4.3.3
- zope.testbrowser = 5.2
- zope.testing = 4.6.1
- zope.testrunner = 4.6.0
- zope.globalrequest = 1.3
- zope.testing = 4.6.0
- ZServer = 4.0a2
- Integrate code from and drop dependency on five.globalrequest.
- Remove special handling of redirect and unauthorized exceptions from the WSGI publisher. These are now always raised as exceptions, to match the behavior of all other HTTPExceptions.
- Removed xml-export. [maurits, pbauer]
- Add back ZCacheable support.
- Update to zope.testbrowser 5.0 and its WebTest based implementation.
- Use @implementer and @adapter class decorators.
- Quote variable in manage_tabs to avoid XSS. From Products.PloneHotfix20160830. [maurits]
- Remove more HelpSys references.
- Add support for exception views to WSGIPublisher.
- Add support for ConflictError and TransientError retry logic directly into WSGIPublisher.
- Add support for raising HTTPOK and HTTPRedirection exceptions and have them result in successful transactions.
- Add better blob support to HTTPRequest.ZopeFieldStorage.
- Updated distributions:
- AccessControl = 4.0a3
- AuthEncoding = 4.0.0
- Products.ZCatalog = 4.0a2
- zExceptions = 3.3
- ZServer = 4.0a1
Change the WSGIResponse exception methods to raise exceptions instead of returning responses. This includes notFoundError, forbiddenError, debugError, badRequestError, unauthorized and redirect.
Split a common HTTPBaseResponse base class out of HTTPResponse and WSGIResponse. Move ZServer specific logic onto HTTPResponse.
Simplified ZPublisher.WSGIPublisher.get_module_info contract.
Add new ZPublisher.utils.recordMetaData function and use default transaction.manager as the transaction manager.
Remove support for repoze.tm2.
Change Testing to use the WSGI publisher for functional and testbrowser based tests incl. functional doctests. Alternatives are available in ZServer.Testing.
Move ZPublisher.Publish module into ZServer distribution.
Remove Globals package, opened database are now found in Zope2.opened next to Zope2.DB.
Remove proxy role support from DTML documents and methods.
Remove ZCacheable logic and StandardCacheManagers dependency.
Stop mixing in Five.bbb.AcquisitionBBB into browser components.
Integrate five.pt code directly into Products.PageTemplates.
Move Products.SiteAccess into ZServer distribution.
Simplify Page Template and Scripts ZMI screens.
Change VHM id to virtual_hosting to match AppInitializer.
Raise BadRequest instead of returning MessageDialog.
Remove property management ZMI screens.
Remove ZMI copy/cut/paste/rename and re-ordering features.
Drop OFS.History functionality.
Drop ZopeUndo dependency and move undo management to the control panel.
Simplify ZMI control panel and globally available management screens.
Move ZServer related testing support into ZServer.Testing.
Split out Lifetime, webdav and ZServer packages into a ZServer project.
Move webdav’s EtagSupport, Lockable and LockItem into OFS.
Split Products.TemporaryFolder and Products.ZODBMountPoint into one new project called Products.TemporaryFolder.
Split a WSGI part out of zopeschema.xml. This reduces the supported zope.conf directives when run under WSGI.
Remove temp_folder mount point from default configuration.
Split a WSGI part out of Zope2.Startup.ZopeStarter.
Add new ZServer.Zope2.Startup.config module to hold configuration.
Remove Control_Panel /DebugInfo and /DavLocks.
Remove profiling support via publisher-profile-file directive.
Create new Products.Sessions distribution including Products.Sessions and Products.Transience code.
Merge Products.OFSP project back in.
No longer test compatibility with dependencies:
Products.ExternalMethod Products.PythonScripts Products.Sessions Products.SiteErrorLog Products.TemporaryFolder tempstorage zLOG ZopeUndo
Dropped dependency declarations for indirect dependencies:
docutils Missing pytz zLOG zope.sendmail zope.structuredtext
- Remove Connection and Transfer-Encoding headers from WSGI responses. According to PEP 333 WSGI applications must not emit hop-by-hop headers.
- Removed docstrings from some methods to avoid publishing them. From Products.PloneHotfix20160419. [maurits]
- bobo_traverse of ProductDispatcher did not correctly invalidate cache when a product was not initializes after first access of the cache. Types that were added in test-profiles were not useable. [pbauer, jensens]
- Fix pt_editForm after the help-system was removed. [pbauer]
- Skipped ipv6 test on Travis, because Travis no longer supports this.
- LP #789863: Ensure that Request objects cannot be published / traversed directly via a URL.
- Document running Zope as a WSGI application.
- Queue additional warning filters at the beginning of the queue in order to allow overrides.
- Issue #16: prevent leaked connections when broken EndRequestEvent subscribers raise exceptions.
- Ensure that the WSGIPublisher begins and ends an interaction at the request/response barrier. This is required for instance for the checkPermission call to function without an explicit interaction parameter.
- Made sure getConfiguration().default_zpublisher_encoding is set correctly.
- Issue #28: Fix publishing of IStreamIterator. This interface does not have seek or tell. Introduce IUnboundStreamIterator to support publishing iterators of unknown length.
- Include waitress as a default WSGI app server.
- Add egg:Zope2#httpexceptions WSGI middleware.
- Update available HTTP response code, 302 is now called Found.
- Add a new runwsgi script to serve PasteDeploy files.
- Depend on and automatically set up five.globalrequest.
- Optimized the OFS.ObjectManager.__contains__ method to do the least amount of work necessary.
- Optimized the OFS.Traversable.getPhysicalPath method to avoid excessive amounts of method calls.
- During startup open a connection to every configured database, to ensure all of them can indeed be accessed. This avoids surprises during runtime when traversal to some database mountpoint could fail as the underlying storage cannot be opened at all.
- Explicitly close all databases on shutdown, which ensures Data.fs.index gets written to the file system.
- Always configure a blob-dir in the default skeleton.
- ZPublisher: If IBrowserPage is provided by a view, form input is decoded. This makes it easier to use zope.formlib and z3c.form in Zope 2.
- Remove control panel object from the ZODB.
- Updated to latest versions of Zope Toolkit libraries.
- Updated distributions:
- AccessControl = 4.0a1
- Acquisition = 4.2.2
- BTrees = 4.0.8
- DateTime = 4.1.1
- ExtensionClass = 4.1.2
- docutils = 0.9.1
- five.globalrequest = 1.0
- manuel = 1.6.0
- Missing = 3.1
- MultiMapping = 3.0
- Persistence = 3.0a1
- Products.BTreeFolder2 = 3.0
- Products.ExternalMethod = 3.0
- Products.MailHost = 3.0
- Products.OFSP = 3.0
- Products.PythonScripts = 3.0
- Products.SiteErrorLog = 4.0
- Products.StandardCacheManagers = 3.0
- Products.ZCatalog = 4.0a1
- Products.ZCTextIndex = 3.0
- Record = 3.1
- tempstorage = 3.0
- zExceptions = 3.0
- zLOG = 3.0
- zope.globalrequest = 1.2
- ZopeUndo = 4.1
Remove dependency on initgroups. Use the standard libraries os.initgroups instead.
Removed nt_svcutils support from zopectl.
Python 2.6 is no longer supported. Use Python 2.7.
Products.SiteErrorLog: Is now a separated package.
OFS: Removed duplicate code in ZopeFind and ZopeFindAndApply
Five: Removed obsolete metaclass.
Five: Refactored browser:view and browser:page directives. This makes their implementation more similar to that in zope.browserpage and adds allowed_interface support for the browser:view directive. By default the aq_* attributes are no longer available on those views/pages. If you still use them, you have to mix in Five’s BrowserView.
Removed the (very obsolete) thread lock around the cookie parsing code in HTTPRequest.py; the python re module is thread-safe, unlike the ancient regex module that was once used here.
Removed the special handling of Set-Cookie headers in HTTPResponse.setHeader. Use the setCookie/appendCookie/expireCookie methods instead, or if low-level control is needed, use addHeader instead to get the exact same effect.
Removed the App.version_txt.getZopeVersion API, you can use pkg_resources.get_distribution('Zope2').version instead.
On the application object, removed PrincipiaTime in favor of ZopeTime and PrincipiaRedirect in favor of Redirect or ZopeRedirect.
Removed OFS.DefaultObservable - an early predecessor of zope.event.
Removed mime-types option from zope.conf. You can use the add_files API from zope.contenttype instead.
Removed OFS.ZDOM. OFS.SimpleItem.Item now implements getParentNode().
Removed the last remaining code to support SOFTWARE_HOME and ZOPE_HOME.
Removed ZMI controls for restarting the process, these no longer apply when managed as a WSGI application.
Removed bobobase_modification_time from Persistence.Persistent, you can use DateTime(object._p_mtime) instead.
Removed AccessRule and SiteRoot from Products.SiteAccess.
Removed Products.ZReST and the reStructuredText wrapper, you can use docutils directly to gain reST support.
Removed special code to create user folders and page templates while creating new OFS.Folder instances.
Removed persistent default code like the error_log and temp_folder.
Removed persistent default content, including the standard_error_message template.
Retired icons from the Zope Management Interface and various smaller cleanups of ZMI screens.
Removed the old help system, in favor of the current Sphinx documentation hosted at https://zope.readthedocs.io/. For backwards compatibility the registerHelp and registerHelpTitle methods are still available on the ProductContext used during the initialize function.
Removed various persistent product related code and options. The enable-product-installation zope.conf setting is now a no-op.
Changed the value for default-zpublisher-encoding and management_page_charset to utf-8.
Removed the enable-ms-author-via directive which was only required for very old web folder implementations from before 2007.
Changed zope.conf default settings for zserver-threads to 2 and python-check-interval to 1000.
Simplified instance skeleton, removing old Extensions, import, lib/python and Products from the default. You can continue to manually add these back.
Five.browser: Marked processInputs and setPageEncoding as deprecated. processInputs was replaced by the postProcessInputs request method and the charset negotiation done by setPageEncoding was never fully supported.
Dropped the direct dependencies on packages that have been factored out of the main Zope 2 tree. Make sure you declare a dependency in your own distribution if you still use one of these:
Products.BTreeFolder2 Products.ExternalMethod Products.MailHost Products.MIMETools Products.PythonScripts Products.SiteErrorLog Products.StandardCacheManagers Products.ZCatalog Record
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size Zope2-4.0a4.tar.gz (466.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|