A collection of skeletons for quickstarting Zope projects.
ZopeSkel provides a collection of skeletons for quickstarting Zope and Plone projects.
All skeletons are available as PasteScript templates and can be used via the ‘’paster’’ commandline tool. For example to create a package for a Plone 3 theme you can do:
paster create -t plone3_theme
this will ask a few questions such as desired package name and a description and output a complete package skeleton that you can immediately start using.
Please contribute by submitting patches for what you consider ‘best of breed’ file layouts for starting Zope projects.
- This is a small template which creates a bare bones package with a single namespace. This can be used to create plone.* packages for example.
- This is a small template which creates a bare bones package with a nested namespace. This can be used to create plone.app.* packages for example.
- Creates a package with a new portlet. This includes everything needed to register the portlet in Plone and tests which check if the portlet can be added, edited and rendered properly.
- A template to create a new Zope 2 products for a Plone 2.1 or Plone 2.5 site. If you are targetting Plone 3 please use the plone3_theme template instead.
- A template to create a new Zope 2 products for Plone 2.5 site. If you are targetting Plone 3 please use the plone3_theme template instead.
- This template creates a theme package for Plone 3.0. This is the succesor to the popular DIYPloneStyle product.
- This template creates a recipe skeleton for zc.buildout.
Hosting / deployment templates
- A basic buildout based instance for Plone 2.5 projects. If you also need ZEO or caching take a look at the plone_hosting template.
- A basic buildout based instance for Plone 3.0.x projects. If you also need ZEO or caching take a look at the plone_hosting template.
This template creates a buildout-based Plone deployment. It supports all Plone 2.5 and 3.0 versions: it will ask you for the desired Plone version.
If you configure a proxy port a varnish cache server will be installed and configured as well.
supervisord is used to manage the ZEO server, Zope instance and, if chosen, Varnish server.
- A basic buildout Silva instance.
Since version 1.5, ZopeSkel has tests. It’s required to run these before checking in; they can be run like:
$ python setup.py test
2.10 - September, 17th
- Fixed a small bug that made most templates create a package that was showing twice in the Plone quick installer is the top level namespace package was called ‘Products’. Bug was fixed in the ‘plone’ template (since version 1.5), now in other ones where needed too. [davconvent]
2.9 - September, 1st
- Update silva buildout to reflect changes in Silva 2.1 as stable version, and 2.2 as development: SilvaLayout is not shipped anymore as an extra distribution but integrated in Silva all. Remove question, and update buildout.cfg template. [thefunny]
2.8 - July 31, 2008
- Generate logrotate configuration file using collective.recipe.template so it does not need to contain absolute paths. This makes it possible to move the generated buildout around, or install it on other machines with different filesystem layouts. [wichert]
- Also rotate instance1-Z2.log. [wichert]
- Update documentation for hosting template to note that logrotate needs to be told where to put its status file. [wichert]
2.7 - July 25, 2008
- Hosting template:
- Switch default Plone version to 3.1.4. [wichert]
- Corrected a typo in the logrotate template, which prevented the zeo log to be rotated. [hannosch]
2.6.2 - July 16, 2008
- Hosting template:
- Corrected even more references of instance to instance1 in proxy support and logrotate handling. [hannosch]
2.6.1 - July 16, 2008
- Hosting template:
- Changed the http_port to start at base_port + 10, to make room for additional services. [hannosch]
- Corrected hide_summary option, to not show the summary twice. [hannosch]
2.6 - July 15, 2008
- Hosting template:
- Corrected one last reference of instance to instance1 in the zopepy eggs option of the plone_hosting template. [hannosch]
2.5 - July 15, 2008
- Hosting template:
- fix test for Varnish-support in the supervisord configuration. [wichert]
- Rename the instance part to instance1 and add an instances group. This makes it possible to upgrade to multiple instances later on without having to break invocations. [wichert]
2.4 - July 9, 2008
- Restore the cwd after running buildout in the hosting recipe so further processing works correctly. [wichert]
- Add a hook in the hosting template to not show the summary. This can be used by derived templates that want to show their own summary or show it at a later point. [wichert]
- Set default Plone version to 3.1.3. [wichert]
- Added kss plugin template [gotcha, jfroche, adrien01]
- Silva layout have been merged with Silva all in the development buildout. [thefunny]
2.3 - June 24, 2008
- Fix problem in the hosting template: varnish was always enabled even if not desired. [wichert]
- Added ZopeSkel test layer with the apropriate testSetup and testTearDown. The steps in the top of each test file is not anymore needed: delete tempdir/plone.example and then cd to tempdir. [mustapha]
- Make the zope2product option in the archetype template default to true. [mustapha]
- Modified buildout.cf to only test zopeskel. [mustapha]
- Fixed the paster test function: overwrite option should default to True for the create command. [mustapha]
- Added use_local_commands attribute (a la use_cheetah). A zopeskel template that wants to use local commands has to set it to True . [mustapha]
- Get rid of zopeskel.txt and use setup.cfg to store the parent template name. [mustapha]
- Sub-templates may define a parent_template attribute with the list of templates that can use it. [mustapha]
- Fixed tests and updated docs. [mustapha]
- Install Plone 3.1.2 by default. [wichert]
- Remove useless spans from the portlet template. [wichert]
- Add supervisorctl configuration. [wichert]
- Revert BaseTemplate usage from the hosting template (changeset 57368 from Tarek). It was not used and broke the buildout. This fixes http://plone.org/products/zopeskel/issues/8 [wichert]
- Replace the generic README in the plone_hosting template with documentation that is important for deployments. [wichert]
- Add log rotation support to the hosting buildout. Merged from Jarn’s bones package. [wichert]
- Switch plone_hosting template to using supervisord to manage processes. Merged from Jarn’s bones package. [wichert]
- Reduced the number of questions to generate an atschema and used the MessageFactory instead of declaring an i18n_domain attribute [mustapha]
- Fixed missing imports in plone2_theme [mustapha]
- Removed unused imports in plone_pas [mustapha]
- In plone2.5_theme: when the skinname is empty, replace it with a default text, otherwise adding a Plone Site will throw an error when displaying the extension profiles. [maurits]
- Added note to profiles.zcml of plone2.5_theme that five.registerPackage needs Five version 1.4. [maurits]
- Added a BUILDBOT.txt file. [tarek]
- plone3_portlet: added commented out alternative AddForm for when there are no configurable parameters. That was shorter than listing all the changes (where we forgot one). [maurits]
- Fixed typos in archetyps and plone3 portlets: ‘portletBotomLeft’ should have been ‘portletBottomLeft’ with two ‘t’s. [maurits]
- Made plone3_portlet respect pep8 (and pyflakes). [maurits]
- Use 1.0 as default version number for all templates. This is a more sensible default than 0.1 since we start of with dev-versions anyway. [wichert]
- sub-templates per ZopeSkel template: Only sub-templates related to the parent template is visible with the -l option [mustapha]
- added -a (–list-all) option to show all subtemplates regardless of the current project. Subtemplates that are not for the type of the current project are prefixed with N [mustapha]
- Fixed the recreation of the paster_plugins.txt metadata file for archetype. For now we have to run 2 times the egg_info command to get the paster_plugins file recreated (setuptools problem: nice task to fix) [mustapha]
- fixed the case of many inner packages: ask the user to choose a packe to inject content into if the command is run outside of an inner package [mustapha]
- make all ZopeSkel templates that inherits from BaseTemplate addcontent aware [mustapha]
- Added plone_pas template for PlonePas projects and many subtemplates [mustapha]
- regrouped archetype subtemplates in templates/archetype [mustapha]
- added and fixed tests [mustapha]
- Install Plone 3.1.1 as default option. [wichert]
- Fixed a problem with ZopeSkel localcommands when we have multiple projects, it was getting the first directory always and sometimes the package dir was not the first directory, so when running the addcontent in the package it was creating the contents in the wrong dir. Thanks to wichert for pointing me this file. [dsa]
- Update the hosting template to make running of buildout optional. [wichert]
- Update the hosting template to test if a port is already in use and abort if so. [wichert]
- Update the hosting template to only ask for a single base port number. [wichert]
- Fix broken creation of Plone 3.1(.x) sites. [wichert]
- Install Plone 3.1 as default option. [wichert]
- Fixed a missing ‘import os’ in the plone2_theme template. [davisagli]
- Fix an ambiguous question in the silva_buildout template, and update the generated README file. [thefunny]
- fixed the recipe template buildout.cfg generation, thanks Kai ;) [tarek]
- Update the templates to have README.txt and HISTORY.txt in valid restructured format and use those as the package’s long description. This automatically gives packages a more readable page on PyPI (and PSC with Tarek’s excellent changes). [wichert]
- Adjust the trove classifiers on the packages to not claim incorrect frameworks: we should only claim frameworks on which the package can run directly. So, for example, do not claim Zope2 of we also need Plone on top of Zope2. [wichert]
- Add templates for a Silva buildout. [thefunny]
- Add a metadata.xml to all generated GenericSetup profiles. This is required by new versions of GenericSetup. [wichert]
- For nested namespace packages we need to declare both namespace levels as namespace packages. This is a requirement for current versions of setuptools. [wichert]
- Use Plone 3.0.6 as default version for new Plone hosting buildouts [wichert]
- Fix #2 (missing import in ‘hosting.py’) at http://plone.org/products/zopeskel/issues/2 [nouri]
- added a new local command into archetype template to inject new content types [spanky]
- added a doctest for each template, and refactored the package so we have one python module per template [tarek]
- Refactored the zc.buildout recipe to provide structured documention that will render nicely on PyPI, added comments for recipe authors to help writing documentation and tests and added a working doctest skeleton. Implemented automatic license classifiers for common licenses in the generated setup.py. The mapping is in zopeskel.base and can be used for other templates also. [dokai]
- The ‘five:registerPackage’ ZCML directive is added in a project based on the ‘plone’ template only if the top level namespace package is not called ‘Products’. This avoids having the product loaded twice in Zope. [davconvent]
- Added paragraph about old style Zope 2 Product installation in the INSTALL.txt_tmpl file of the plone template. The paragraph will be added to the installation instructions if the top level namespace package is called ‘Products’. [davconvent]
- Set the version number for plone.recipe.plone in a new versions part in buildout.cfg. That works around a buildout bug: buildout breaks if you change the revision pin for a recipe. [wichert]
- Fixed bug: when running ‘paster create’ with –no-interactive option, the package variable given in the command line is ignored. [Mustapha]
- Added MANIFEST.in to prevent bad releases from svn exports. [fschulze]
- Move to the newly released Varnish 1.1.2. [wichert]
- Remove bad import which broke localcommand support. [deo]
- Remove unneeded imports and whitespace cleanup. [deo]
- Small fix in plone3_theme that did not install correctly with easy_install because of some files missing the the egg informations (added MANIFEST.in). [davconvent]
- Added ‘addcontent’ local command to make possible injecting content types in ZopeSkel projects and make the Archetype template ‘addcontent’ aware. [mustapha]
- Updated to Plone 3.0.4. [fschulze]
- Rerelease because of a bad egg. [fschulze]
- added the recipe template [tarek]
- Add Plone 2.5.5. [wichert]
- Merge a slightly stripped down version of the Jarn Plone hosting template. This provides a convenient way to create a buildout for all Plone 2.5 and 3.0 versions with ZEO and optional Varnish based caching. [wichert]