Import publications from your reference manager to Hugo
Hugo Academic CLI
📚 Import publications from your reference manager to Hugo
- Import publications, including books, conference proceedings and journals, from your reference manager to your static site generator
- Simply export a BibTeX file from your reference manager, such as Zotero, and provide this as the input
- Hugo command pass-through
- 📚 View the documentation and usage guide below
- 💬 Chat with the Wowchemy community or Hugo community
- 🐦 Twitter: @wowchemy @GeorgeCushen #MadeWithAcademic
❤️ Support this open-source software
To help us develop this Academic CLI tool and the associated Wowchemy software sustainably under the MIT license, we ask all individuals and businesses that use it to help support its ongoing maintenance and development via sponsorship and contributing.
Support development of the Academic CLI:
- Create a Hugo website such as by using the Hugo Academic Starter template for the Wowchemy website builder
- Download your site from GitHub, installing Hugo and its dependencies
- Install Python 3.6+ if it’s not already installed
- Version control your website
- Ideally, version control your site with Git so that you can review the proposed changes and accept or reject them without risking breaking your site
- Otherwise, if not using Git, backup your site folder prior to running this tool
Open your Terminal or Command Prompt app and install the Academic CLI tool:
pip3 install -U academic
cd command to navigate to your website folder in the terminal:
academic import --bibtex my_publications.bib
--featuredFlag publications as featured (to appear in Featured Publications widget)
--overwriteOverwrite existing publications
--publication-dir PUBLICATION_DIRPath to your publications directory (defaults to
--normalizeNormalize tags by converting them to lowercase and capitalizing the first letter
-vShow verbose messages
After importing publications, a full text PDF and image can be associated with each item and further details added via extra parameters.
Run a Hugo command (pass-through):
For local development, clone this repository and use Pipenv to install the tool using the following commands:
git clone https://github.com/wowchemy/hugo-academic-cli.git cd hugo-academic-cli pip3 install pipenv pipenv install -e .
Preparing a contribution:
Copyright 2018-present George Cushen.
Licensed under the MIT License.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size academic-0.7.0-py3-none-any.whl (12.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size academic-0.7.0.tar.gz (13.3 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|