The website designer for Hugo
Admin Tool for Academic
An admin tool for Academic.
- Import publications from BibTeX
- Import third-party assets to generate an entirely offline site
- Install the Academic website framework
- Install Python 3.6+ if it’s not already installed
- Version control your website with Git so that you can review the proposed changes and accept or reject them without risking breaking your site. Otherwise, if not using Git, backup your site prior to running this tool.
Open your Terminal or Command Prompt app and install Academic’s admin tool:
pip3 install -U academic
cd command to navigate to your website folder in the terminal:
academic import --bibtex my_publications.bib
--featuredFlag publications as featured (to appear in Featured Publications widget)
--overwriteOverwrite existing publications
--publication-dir PUBLICATION_DIRPath to your publications directory (defaults to
--normalizeNormalize tags by converting them to lowercase and capitalizing the first letter
-vShow verbose messages
After importing publications, a full text PDF and image can be associated with each item and further details added via extra parameters.
Import third-party JS and CSS assets for building an offline website:
academic import --assets
Importing assets requires Academic v3+.
Run a Hugo command (pass-through):
For local development, clone this repository and install the tool using the following command:
pip3 install -e .
Support development of Academic:
- Donate a coffee
- Become a backer on Patreon
- Decorate your laptop or journal with an Academic sticker
- Wear the T-shirt
Copyright 2018-present George Cushen.
Licensed under the MIT License.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size academic-0.5.1-py3-none-any.whl (9.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size academic-0.5.1.tar.gz (9.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|