Fast way to create Access Database
Why I created this package ?
- One by one insertion into Access DB, But it takes too much time to insert 100k records,
cursor.execute("INSERT STATEMENT") cursor.commit()
- Bulk way insertion into Access DB and it is fast if you compare with above one, But even it is very slow from https://github.com/mkleehammer/pyodbc/issues/120
cursor.executemany("Bulk INSERT STATEMENT") cursor.commit()
But think if you want to insert 1000k records into AccessDB, how much time you have to wait?
What the package will do ?
- Imports the data from text file to Access Database.
- Creating Access Database from pandas dataframe very quickly.
- Primary Key support.
- Can create many tables in Access Database
- Data Types support
How to Use:
- If you have pandas dataframe you can follow bellow example
import accessdb # your dataframe # df.to_accessdb(<DB_PATH>, <TABLE_NAME>) df.to_accessdb(r'C:\Users\<user>\Desktop\test.accdb', 'SAMPLE')
- If you have text file you can follow bellow example
from accessdb import create_accessdb # create_accessdb(<DB_PATH>, <TEXT_FILE_PATH>, <TABLE_NAME>) create_accessdb(r'C:\Users\<user>\Desktop\test.accdb', r'C:\Users\<user>\Documents\test.text', 'SAMPLE')
pip install accessdb
- It will create text file if you are using pandas dataframe to create Access Database, But the file will be deleted after completion of process.
- It supports only for Windows.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
accessdb-0.0.1.tar.gz (11.3 kB view hashes)
Hashes for accessdb-0.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl