A commandline access to addic7ed subtitles
This is a little command-line utility to fetch subtitles from addic7ed.
Install latest development version with:
$ pip install https://github.com/BenoitZugmeyer/addic7ed-cli/archive/master.zip
An AUR package is waiting for you.
Example, if you speak french and english:
$ addic7ed -l french -l english The.Serie.S02E23.MDR.mkv
$ addic7ed --help
You can login with your addic7ed.com identifiers to increase your daily download quota:
- Anonymous users are limited to 15 downloads per 24 hours on their IP address
- Registered users are limited to 40
- VIPs get 80 downloads (please consider donating)
You can store frequently used options in a configuration file. Create a
~/.config/addic7ed (Linux, OSX) or
and it will be parsed using the Python ConfigParser (see example below).
It can contain three sections:
- [flags], to set a flag (verbose, hearing-impaired, overwrite, ignore, batch or brute-batch)
- [languages], to list prefered languages
- [session], the session to use for authentification
[flags] hearing-impaired = no batch [languages] french english [session] abcdef
video-organizer format is supported. If a “filelist” file is next to an episode, it will use it to extract its real name and forge the good query.