http client/server for asyncio
http client/server for asyncio
- Python >= 3.3
- asyncio https://pypi.python.org/pypi/asyncio/0.1.1
aiohttp is offered under the BSD license.
To retrieve something from the web:
import aiohttp def get_body(url): response = yield from request('GET', url) return (yield from response.read())
You can use the get command like this anywhere in your asyncio powered program:
response = yield from aiohttp.request('GET', 'http://python.org') body = yield from response.read() print (body)
The signature of request is the following:
request(method, url, *, params=None, data=None, headers=None, cookies=None, files=None, auth=None, allow_redirects=True, max_redirects=10, encoding='utf-8', version=(1, 1), timeout=None, conn_timeout=None, compress=None, chunked=None, expect100=False, session=None, verify_ssl=True, loop=None )
It constructs and sends a request. It returns response object. Parameters are explained as follow:
- method: HTTP method
- url: Request url
- params: (optional) Dictionary or bytes to be sent in the query string of the new request
- data: (optional) Dictionary, bytes, or file-like object to send in the body of the request
- headers: (optional) Dictionary of HTTP Headers to send with the request
- cookies: (optional) Dict object to send with the request
- files: (optional) Dictionary of ‘name’: file-like-objects for multipart encoding upload
- auth: (optional) Auth tuple to enable Basic HTTP Auth
- timeout: (optional) Float describing the timeout of the request
- conn_timeout: (optional) Float describing the timeout of the tcp connection
- allow_redirects: (optional) Boolean. Set to True if POST/PUT/DELETE redirect following is allowed.
- compress: Boolean. Set to True if request has to be compressed with deflate encoding.
- chunked: Boolean or Integer. Set to chunk size for chunked transfer encoding.
- expect100: Boolean. Expect 100-continue response from server.
- session: aiohttp.Session instance to support connection pooling and session cookies.
- loop: Optional event loop.
Paster configuration example:
[server:main] use = egg:gunicorn#main host = 0.0.0.0 port = 8080 worker_class = aiohttp.worker.AsyncGunicornWorker
- Allow to use custom HttpRequest client class.
- Use gunicorn keepalive setting for async worker.
- Log leaking responses.
- python 3.4 compatibility
- Resolve only AF_INET family, because it is not clear how to pass extra info to asyncio.
- Allow to wait completion of request with HttpResponse.wait_for_close()
- Handle exception in client request stream.
- Prevent host resolving for each client request.
- Added client support for expect: 100-continue header.
- Added custom wsgi application close procedure
- Fixed concurrent host failure in HttpClient
- Added PortMapperWorker
- Added HttpClient
- Added tcp connection timeout to http client
- Better client connection errors handling
- Gracefully handle process exit
- Fix packaging
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size aiohttp-0.5.0.tar.gz (57.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|