http client/server for asyncio
http client/server for asyncio
- Python >= 3.3
- asyncio https://pypi.python.org/pypi/asyncio/0.4.1
aiohttp is offered under the BSD license.
To retrieve something from the web:
import aiohttp def get_body(url): response = yield from aiohttp.request('GET', url) return (yield from response.read_and_close())
You can use the get command like this anywhere in your asyncio powered program:
response = yield from aiohttp.request('GET', 'http://python.org') body = yield from response.read_and_close() print(body)
The signature of request is the following:
request(method, url, *, params=None, data=None, headers=None, cookies=None, files=None, auth=None, allow_redirects=True, max_redirects=10, encoding='utf-8', version=(1, 1), compress=None, chunked=None, expect100=False, connector=None, read_until_eof=True, request_class=None, response_class=None, loop=None )
It constructs and sends a request. It returns response object. Parameters are explained as follow:
- method: HTTP method
- url: Request url
- params: (optional) Dictionary or bytes to be sent in the query string of the new request
- data: (optional) Dictionary, bytes, or file-like object to send in the body of the request
- headers: (optional) Dictionary of HTTP Headers to send with the request
- cookies: (optional) Dict object to send with the request
- files: (optional) Dictionary of ‘name’: file-like-objects for multipart encoding upload
- auth: (optional) Auth tuple to enable Basic HTTP Auth
- allow_redirects: (optional) Boolean. Set to True if POST/PUT/DELETE redirect following is allowed.
- compress: Boolean. Set to True if request has to be compressed with deflate encoding.
- chunked: Boolean or Integer. Set to chunk size for chunked transfer encoding.
- expect100: Boolean. Expect 100-continue response from server.
- connector: aiohttp.connector.BaseConnector instance to support connection pooling and session cookies.
- read_until_eof: Read response until eof if response does not have Content-Length header.
- request_class: Custom Request class implementation.
- response_class: Custom Response class implementation.
- loop: Optional event loop.
If you want to use timeouts for aiohttp client side please use standard asyncio approach:
yield from asyncio.wait_for(request('GET', url), 10))
Paster configuration example:
[server:main] use = egg:gunicorn#main host = 0.0.0.0 port = 8080 worker_class = aiohttp.worker.AsyncGunicornWorker
- Add support for utf-8 values in HTTP headers
- Allow to use custom response class instead of HttpResponse
- Use MultiDict for client request headers
- Use MultiDict for server request/response headers
- Store response headers in ClientResponse.headers attribute
- Get rid of timeout parameter in aiohttp.client API
- Exceptions refactoring
- Simple HTTP proxy support.
- Get rid of __del__ methods
- Use ResourceWarning instead of logging warning record.
- Do not unquote client request urls.
- Allow multple waiters on transport drain.
- Do not return client connection to pool in case of exceptions.
- Rename SocketConnector to TCPConnector and UnixSocketConnector to UnixConnector.
- Connection flow control.
- Http client session/connection pool refactoring.
- Better handling for bad server requests.
- Added client session reuse timeout.
- Better client request cancellation support.
- Better handling responses without content length.
- Added HttpClient verify_ssl parameter support.
- Log content-length missing warning only for put and post requests.
- Better support for server exit.
- Read response body until eof if content-length is not defined #14
- Fix trailing char in allowed_methods.
- Start slow request timer for first request.
- Added utility method HttpResponse.read_and_close()
- Added slow request timeout.
- Enable socket SO_KEEPALIVE if available. (@polymorphm)
- Better handling for process exit.
- Allow to use custom HttpRequest client class.
- Use gunicorn keepalive setting for async worker.
- Log leaking responses.
- python 3.4 compatibility
- Resolve only AF_INET family, because it is not clear how to pass extra info to asyncio.
- Allow to wait completion of request with HttpResponse.wait_for_close()
- Handle exception in client request stream.
- Prevent host resolving for each client request.
- Added client support for expect: 100-continue header.
- Added custom wsgi application close procedure
- Fixed concurrent host failure in HttpClient
- Added PortMapperWorker
- Added HttpClient
- Added tcp connection timeout to http client
- Better client connection errors handling
- Gracefully handle process exit
- Fix packaging