aiovault 1.1.1 release
aiovault 1.0.0 release
First major release. Should be pretty stable… all the tests pass so cant be too bad.
This library is mainly just a glorified wrapper around aiohttp calling the many Vault URLs. Eventually I want to add some helper methods to make using vault with microservices easier, like having a coroutine which will just sit there renewing tokens/secrets etc…
Simple example of authenticating with vault and then writing then reading a secret
import aiovault with aiovault.VaultClient(token='6c84fb90-12c4-11e1-840d-7b25c5ee775a') as client: is_authed = await client.is_authenticated() print(is_authed) # True await client.secrets.generic.create('some_secret', key1='value1', key2='value2') secret = await client.secrets.generic.read('some_secret') print(secret['key1']) # value1 print(secret['key2']) # value2
- Token, GitHub, AppRole, LDAP, RADIUS and User/Password Authentication backends
- Generic Secret, Consul, TOTP and Transit backends
- File and Syslog Audit backends
- Policy management
- Backend renaming
- Initialization, seal and health management
TODO (Near future)
- Improve code coverage
- Secret backends: Databases, RabbitMQ, Cubbyhole
- Auth backends: Okta, AWS (hopefully)
TODO (Long term)
- More docs, more examples
- Possibly utility functions like a coroutine to keep renewing a token/secret
- Policy validation with hcl library?
- Socket audit backend
- TLS auth support
- PKI, SSH secret support
As many of the unit tests that can, interact directly with Vault/Consul/LDAP/RADIUS without mocking. Currently my reasoning is that this way, if we change the variable that determins the vault version and incompatabilites in the REST interface were introduced they would appear immediatly in the masses of failing unit tests.
I used the _Cookiecutter package to setup the initial project. Was pretty good.
And most of the credit goes to the wonderful _aiohttp library which this library is pretty much a wrapper around.
- Free software: GNU General Public License v3
- Documentation: https://aiovault.readthedocs.io.
- Updated readme
- Fixed verify=False bug
- First stable release
- Switched to use the dev version of Python 2.6
- Fixed link target in README
- Fixed typo in README code example
- Added AppRole authentication backend
- Added Transit secret backend
- Created test harness for running Vault in non dev mode
- Added Seal/Unseal, initialization and health methods
- Fixed rendering of README on PyPI
- Mostly repository maintenance.
- Updated requirements_dev.txt and setup.py
- Fixed issue where tox was not passing environment variables
- Limited coverage scope to the library not test suite
- First release on PyPI.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size aiovault-1.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (25.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size aiovault-1.1.1.tar.gz (41.2 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for aiovault-1.1.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl