Python tools for AI
aitk: Artificial Intelligence Toolkit
This collection contains two things: an open source set of Python tools, and a set of computational essays for exploring Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Robotics. This is a collaborative effort started by the authors, building on almost a century of collective experience in education and research.
The code and essays are designed to require as few computing resources as necessary, while still allowing readers to experience first-hand the topics covered.
- Douglas Blank - Emeritus Professor of Computer Science, Bryn Mawr College; Head of Research at Comet.ml
- Jim Marshall - Professor in the Computer Science Department at Sarah Lawrence College
- Lisa Meeden - Professor in the Computer Science Department at Swarthmore College
Please feel free to contribute to this collection: https://github.com/ArtificialIntelligenceToolkit/aitk
- Your Name Here
Each computational essay is described at Computational Essays.
aitk is a virtual Python package containing the following modules.
- aitk - top level virtual package; install this to get all of the following
- aitk.robots - Python package for exploring simulated mobile robots, with cameras and sensors
- aitk.algorithms - Python package for exploring algorithms
- aitk.networks - Python package for constructing and visualizing Keras deep learning models
- aitk.utils - Python package for common utilities
We recommend using
miniconda for running Jupyter Notebooks locally on your computer. However, you can also skip this and run the Computational Essays on other services, such as Google's Colab. To use
- First install miniconda
- Next, activate your base environment:
- Create a Python 3.8 conda environment:
conda create --name py38 python=3.8
- Activate it:
conda activate py38
You only need to do step 1 once. To get out of conda, back to your regular system:
conda deactivate(will get out of py38)
conda deactivate(will get out of base environment)
After activating your conda environment:
pip install "aitk.robots[jupyter]"(installs all of the aitk.robots requirements to run in Jupyter Lab 3.0)
pip install pandas tensorflow numpy matplotlib tqdm ipycanvas(some things you might want)
If you want to work in notebooks and jupyter lab:
pip install jupyterlab
jupyter labextension install @jupyter-widgets/jupyterlab-manager ipycanvas
jupyter labstarts it up, opens browser window
For questions and comments, please use https://github.com/ArtificialIntelligenceToolkit/aitk/discussions/
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.