Radically simple IT automation
Ansible is a radically simple configuration-management, deployment, task-execution, and multinode orchestration framework.
Read the documentation and more at http://ansibleworks.com/
Many users run straight from the development branch (it’s generally fine to do so), but you might also wish to consume a release. You can find instructions [here](http://ansibleworks.com/docs/intro_getting_started.html) for a variety of platforms. If you want a tarball of the last release, go to http://ansibleworks.com/releases/ and you can also install with pip.
- Dead simple setup
- Super fast & parallel by default
- No server or client daemons; use existing SSHd
- No additional software required on client boxes
- Modules can be written in ANY language
- Awesome API for creating very powerful distributed scripts
- Be usable as non-root
- The easiest config management system to use, ever.
- Read [Contributing.md](https://github.com/ansible/ansible/blob/devel/CONTRIBUTING.md) for all kinds of ways to contribute to and interact with the project, including mailing list information and how to submit bug reports and code to Ansible.
- irc.freenode.net: #ansible
- Releases are named after Van Halen songs.
- The devel branch corresponds to the release actively under development.
- Various release-X.Y branches exist for previous releases
- We’d love to have your contributions, read “CONTRIBUTING.md” for process notes.