A buildout recipe to check system dependencies
This is a simple and stupid buildout recipe to check system requirements. It is primarily intended to check dependencies on Linux and MacOsX but any help to make it work on Windows will be integrated.
deps: list all the required system package names and the corresponding command line to check the requirement.
[buildout] parts = sysdeps [sysdeps] recipe = anybox.recipe.sysdeps deps = PostgreSQL: which pg_dump Redis: which redis-server php5-mysql: dpkg -l php5-mysql
If redis-server is not available, you will get an error while running the buildout, telling you to install Redis. You can use any command line to check whether the package is installed or not.
The primary branch is here:
- Code repository: https://bitbucket.org/anybox/anybox.recipe.sysdeps/
- small relative import fix
- works on python 3
- Dependency checking is now just a command line to run
- Moved to mercurial
- (bug) return an iterable instead of None
- Fixed install recipe and forgotten file
- Initial naive implementation using ‘which’