A modern, enterprise-ready business intelligence web application
Apache Superset (incubating) is a modern, enterprise-ready business intelligence web application
[this project used to be named Caravel, and Panoramix in the past]
Screenshots & Gifs
Slice & dice your data
Query and visualize your data with SQL Lab
Visualize geospatial data with deck.gl
Choose from a wide array of visualizations
Apache Superset is a data exploration and visualization web application.
- An intuitive interface to explore and visualize datasets, and create interactive dashboards.
- A wide array of beautiful visualizations to showcase your data.
- Easy, code-free, user flows to drill down and slice and dice the data underlying exposed dashboards. The dashboards and charts acts as a starting point for deeper analysis.
- A state of the art SQL editor/IDE exposing a rich metadata browser, and an easy workflow to create visualizations out of any result set.
- An extensible, high granularity security model allowing intricate rules on who can access which product features and datasets. Integration with major authentication backends (database, OpenID, LDAP, OAuth, REMOTE_USER, ...)
- A lightweight semantic layer, allowing to control how data sources are exposed to the user by defining dimensions and metrics
- Out of the box support for most SQL-speaking databases
- Deep integration with Druid allows for Superset to stay blazing fast while slicing and dicing large, realtime datasets
- Fast loading dashboards with configurable caching
Superset speaks many SQL dialects through SQLAlchemy, a Python ORM that is compatible with most common databases.
A list of currently supported SQL databases can be found here.
Apache Druid (Incubating)!
On top of having the ability to query your relational databases, Superset ships with deep integration with Druid (a real time distributed column-store). When querying Druid, Superset can query humongous amounts of data on top of real time dataset. Note that Superset does not require Druid in any way to function, it's simply another database backend that it can query.
Here's a description of Druid from the http://druid.io website:
Druid is an open-source analytics data store designed for business intelligence (OLAP) queries on event data. Druid provides low latency (real-time) data ingestion, flexible data exploration, and fast data aggregation. Existing Druid deployments have scaled to trillions of events and petabytes of data. Druid is best used to power analytic dashboards and applications.
Installation & Configuration
- Mailing list
- Docker image (community contributed)
- Slides from Strata (March 2016)
- Stackoverflow tag
- Join our Slack
- DEPRECATED Google Group
Interested in contributing? Casual hacking? Check out Contributing.MD
Who uses Apache Superset (incubating)?
Here's a list of organizations who have taken the time to send a PR to let the world know they are using Superset. Join our growing community!
- Aktia Bank plc
- American Express
- Apollo GraphQL
- Ascendica Development
- Capital Service S.A.
- Dial Once
- Digit Game Studios
- FBK - ICT center
- GFG - Global Fashion Group
- GfK Data Lab
- Living Goods
- Maieutical Labs
- Myra Labs
- Pronto Tools
- QPID Health
- THE ICONIC
- TME QQMUSIC/WESING
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size apache-superset-fork-0.35.8.tar.gz (28.8 MB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for apache-superset-fork-0.35.8.tar.gz