APSG - python module for structural geologists
.. image:: https://badge.fury.io/py/apsg.svg
.. image:: https://badge.fury.io/gh/ondrolexa%2Fapsg.svg
.. image:: https://readthedocs.org/projects/apsg/badge/?version=master
.. image:: https://anaconda.org/ondrolexa/apsg/badges/version.svg
.. image:: https://anaconda.org/ondrolexa/apsg/badges/installer/conda.svg
.. image:: https://zenodo.org/badge/24879346.svg
APSG defines several new python classes to easily manage, analyze and visualize orientational structural geology data.
You can see APSG in action in accompanied Jupyter notebook http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/ondrolexa/apsg/blob/master/apsg_tutorial.ipynb
And for fun check how simply you can animate stereonets http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/ondrolexa/apsg/blob/master/animation_example.ipynb
* Free software: BSD license
* Documentation: https://apsg.readthedocs.org.
0.1 (01 Nov 2014)
* First release of APSG
0.2 (09 Dec 2014)
* new StereoNet class for Schmidt projection
* Quick plot when data are passed to StereoNet class instantiation
* mplstereonet dependency depreceated
* new Pair and Fault classes to manipulate paired data (full support in future)
* new uniform_lin and uniform_fol Group methods
* abs for Group implemented to calculate euclidean norms
* new Group method normalized
* new Group properties and methods to calculate spherical statistics
0.2 (09 Dec 2014)
0.2.1 (09 Dec 2014)
* Quick plotting of groups fixed.
0.2.2 (17 Apr 2015)
* FaultSet class added. Fault and Hoeppner methods of StereoNet implemented
* VelGrad and DefGrad classes used for transformations added
* G class to quickly create groups from strings added.
0.2.3 (21 Oct 2015)
* New Docstrings format
* StereoNet.getfols method bug fixed.
* Shell scripts to run interactive session improved.
0.3 (09 Nov 2015)
* Group fancy indexing implemented. Group could be indexed by sequences
of indexes like list, tuple or array as well as sliced.
* Cluster class with hierarchical clustering implemented
* Group to_file and from_file methods implemented to store data in file
* Group copy method for shallow copy implemented
* StereoNet now accept Vec3 and Fault object as well for instant plotting.
* Ortensor updated with new properties E1,E2,E3 and Vollmer(1989) indexes
P,G,R and C. Bug in Woodcocks's shape and strength values fixed.
* uniform_lin and uniform_fol improved.
* asvec3 method implemented for Fol and Lin
* fol_plot property of StereoNet allows choose poles or great circles for
* bootstrap method of Group provide generator of random resampling with
* Group examples method provide few well-known datasets.
* Matplotlib deprecation warnings are ignored by default
0.3.1 (20 Nov 2015)
* SDB class improved. Support basic filtering including tags
* StereoNet has close method to close figure and new method
to re-initialize figure when closed in interactive mode
* iapsg shell script added to invoke apsg ipython shell
0.3.2 (22 Feb 2016)
* FabricPlot - triangular fabric plot added
* .asvec3 property has .V alias
* Resultant of Fol and Lin is calculated as vectorial in centered position
* dv property of Fol added to return dip slip vector
0.3.3 (04 Jun 2016)
* Added E1,E2,E3 properties and polar decomposition method to DefGrad object
* StereoNet has vector method to mimics lower and upper hemisphere plotting
of Lin and Vec3 objects as used in paleomagnetic plots
* StereoNet could be initialized with subplots
* rake method of Fol added to return vector defined by rake
* Density could be initialized without data for user-defined calculations
New method apply_func could be used to calculate density
* Contour(f) methods accept Density object as argument
* Added Group class methods to generate Spherical Fibonacci and Golden Section
based uniform distributions of Vec3, Lin and Fol
0.3.4 (20 Jun 2016)
* RTD fix
0.3.5 (12 Nov 2016)
* Simple settings interface implemented in in apsg.core.seetings dictionary.
To change: `from apsg.core import settings`
* `notation` setting with values `dd` or `rhr` control how azimuth argument of
Fol is represented.
* `vec2dd` setting with values `True` or `False` control how `Vec3` is
* Vec3 could be instantiated by one arument (vector like), 2 arguments
(azimuth, inclination) or 3 arguments (azimuth, inclination, magnitude).
* Group and FaultSet can return array or list of user-defined attributes of
0.3.6 (03 Jan 2017)
* shell script iapsg opens interactive console
0.3.7 (05 Jan 2017)
* conda build for all platforms
* numpy, matplotlib and other helpres imported by default
* ortensor is normed by default
* ortensor MADp, MADo, MAD and kind properties added
0.4 (04 Mar 2017)
* Density class renamed to StereoGrid
* Fault sense under rotation fixed
* FaultSet example provided
* Angelier-Mechler dihedra method implemented for FaultSet
* StereoNet accepts StereoGrid and Ortensor as quick plot arguments
* StereoNet instance has axtitle method to put text below stereonet
0.4.1-2 (04 Mar 2017)
0.4.3 (25 Mar 2017)
* Stress tensor with few basic methods implemented
* StereoGrid keyword argument 'weighted' to control weighting
* StereoNet kwargs are passed to underlying methods for immediate plots
* StereoNet tensor method implemented (draw eigenlins or fols based on fol_plot settings)
* Group totvar property and dot and proj methods implemented
* Fol and Lin dot method returns absolute value of dot product
* Vec3 H method implemented
* StereoNet.contourf method draw contour lines as well by default. Option clines controls it.
* centered bug fixed
* StereoNet allows simple animations. Add `animate=True` kwarg to plotting method and finally call StereoNet animate method.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.