APSG - structural geology module for Python
APSG defines several new python classes to easily manage, analyze and visualize orientational structural geology data.
You can see APSG in action in accompanied Jupyter notebook http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/ondrolexa/apsg/blob/master/apsg_tutorial.ipynb
And for fun check how simply you can animate stereonets http://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/ondrolexa/apsg/blob/master/animation_example.ipynb
- Free software: MIT license
- Documentation: https://apsg.readthedocs.org.
0.1 (01 Nov 2014)
- First release of APSG
0.2 (09 Dec 2014)
- new StereoNet class for Schmidt projection
- Quick plot when data are passed to StereoNet class instantiation
- mplstereonet dependency depreceated
- new Pair and Fault classes to manipulate paired data (full support in future)
- new uniform_lin and uniform_fol Group methods
- abs for Group implemented to calculate euclidean norms
- new Group method normalized
- new Group properties and methods to calculate spherical statistics
0.2.1 (09 Dec 2014)
- Quick plotting of groups fixed.
0.2.2 (17 Apr 2015)
- FaultSet class added. Fault and Hoeppner methods of StereoNet implemented
- VelGrad and DefGrad classes used for transformations added
- G class to quickly create groups from strings added.
0.2.3 (21 Oct 2015)
- New Docstrings format
- StereoNet.getfols method bug fixed.
- Shell scripts to run interactive session improved.
0.3 (09 Nov 2015)
- Group fancy indexing implemented. Group could be indexed by sequences of indexes like list, tuple or array as well as sliced.
- Cluster class with hierarchical clustering implemented
- Group to_file and from_file methods implemented to store data in file
- Group copy method for shallow copy implemented
- StereoNet now accept Vec3 and Fault object as well for instant plotting.
- Ortensor updated with new properties E1,E2,E3 and Vollmer(1989) indexes P,G,R and C. Bug in Woodcocks’s shape and strength values fixed.
- uniform_lin and uniform_fol improved.
- asvec3 method implemented for Fol and Lin
- fol_plot property of StereoNet allows choose poles or great circles for immediate plotting
- bootstrap method of Group provide generator of random resampling with replacements.
- Group examples method provide few well-known datasets.
- Matplotlib deprecation warnings are ignored by default
0.3.1 (20 Nov 2015)
- SDB class improved. Support basic filtering including tags
- StereoNet has close method to close figure and new method to re-initialize figure when closed in interactive mode
- iapsg shell script added to invoke apsg ipython shell
0.3.2 (22 Feb 2016)
- FabricPlot - triangular fabric plot added
- .asvec3 property has .V alias
- Resultant of Fol and Lin is calculated as vectorial in centered position
- dv property of Fol added to return dip slip vector
0.3.3 (04 Jun 2016)
- Added E1,E2,E3 properties and polar decomposition method to DefGrad object
- StereoNet has vector method to mimics lower and upper hemisphere plotting of Lin and Vec3 objects as used in paleomagnetic plots
- StereoNet could be initialized with subplots
- rake method of Fol added to return vector defined by rake
- Density could be initialized without data for user-defined calculations New method apply_func could be used to calculate density
- Contour(f) methods accept Density object as argument
- Added Group class methods to generate Spherical Fibonacci and Golden Section based uniform distributions of Vec3, Lin and Fol
0.3.4 (20 Jun 2016)
- RTD fix
0.3.5 (12 Nov 2016)
- Simple settings interface implemented in in apsg.core.seetings dictionary. To change: from apsg.core import settings setting[‘name’]=value
- notation setting with values dd or rhr control how azimuth argument of Fol is represented.
- vec2dd setting with values True or False control how Vec3 is represented.
- Vec3 could be instantiated by one arument (vector like), 2 arguments (azimuth, inclination) or 3 arguments (azimuth, inclination, magnitude).
- Group and FaultSet can return array or list of user-defined attributes of all elements
0.3.6 (03 Jan 2017)
- shell script iapsg opens interactive console
0.3.7 (05 Jan 2017)
- conda build for all platforms
- numpy, matplotlib and other helpres imported by default
- ortensor is normed by default
- ortensor MADp, MADo, MAD and kind properties added
0.4 (04 Mar 2017)
- Density class renamed to StereoGrid
- Fault sense under rotation fixed
- FaultSet example provided
- Angelier-Mechler dihedra method implemented for FaultSet
- StereoNet accepts StereoGrid and Ortensor as quick plot arguments
- StereoNet instance has axtitle method to put text below stereonet
0.4.1-2 (04 Mar 2017)
0.4.3 (25 Mar 2017)
- Stress tensor with few basic methods implemented
- StereoGrid keyword argument ‘weighted’ to control weighting
- StereoNet kwargs are passed to underlying methods for immediate plots
- StereoNet tensor method implemented (draw eigenlins or fols based on fol_plot settings)
- Group totvar property and dot and proj methods implemented
- Fol and Lin dot method returns absolute value of dot product
- Vec3 H method implemented
- StereoNet.contourf method draw contour lines as well by default. Option clines controls it.
- centered bug fixed
- StereoNet allows simple animations. Add animate=True kwarg to plotting method and finally call StereoNet animate method.
0.4.4 (25 Mar 2017)
- Group method centered improved
- Group method halfspace added to reorient all vectors towards resultant halfspace
0.5.0 (19 Nov 2017)
- bux fix minor release
0.5.1 (05 Dec 2017)
- Kent distribution sampling added
- Automatic kernel density estimate for contouring
- UserWarnings fix
0.5.2 (10 Oct 2018)
- Fischer distribution sampling added
- transform method has norm kwarg to normalize tranformed vectors
- axisangle property to calculate axis and angle from rotation matrix
- StereoNet arc method added
- Vec3 and Group upper and flip properties implemented
- DefGrad, VelGrad and Stress rotate method accepts also rotation matrix
- velgrad method added to DefGrad to calculate matrix logarithm
- StereoGrid has new methods max, min, max_at, min_at
0.5.3 (10 Oct 2018)
- Bugfix release
0.5.4 (XX YYY 2018)
- StereoNet has cbpad keyword for colorbar padding
- FabricPlot bug introduced in 0.5.2 fixed.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|apsg-0.5.4-py2.py3-none-any.whl (42.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||Oct 19, 2018|
|apsg-0.5.4.tar.gz (60.3 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||Oct 19, 2018|