Python utilities for use with Esri ArcGIS Desktop software
What is this repository for?
- A collection of (mostly) arcpy related utilities for use within ArcGIS (ArcCatalog/ArcMap) and Python 2.7. Going forward, this repo will be compatible with ArcGIS Pro (Python 3) as well where possible.
How do I get set up?
- To install the utilities:
pip install arc_utils
- Clone the repo to your machine and add the path to the python install https://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/modules.html#the-module-search-path
- Optionally, you can copy the folder to the site-packages in the ESRI python install directory, or add a .pth file to the site-packages folder pointing to the clone directory.
To use the utilities:
- in the python window in ArcMap/ArcCatalog/Pro
import arc_utils as au
au.will now reveal the modules and functions available to you if you have autocomplete on
- Depends on arcpy (only available with Esri license)
- NOTE: arcpy changes for ArcGIS Pro (Python 3.x) include a name change: arcpy.mapping = arcpy.mp as well as some function changes
import arc_utils as au tbl = au.table.TableObj(path to featureclass) # list all fields print(tbl.fields)
Contributions welcomed, this is a starting point for various utilities that I think could be useful within Arc.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size arc_utils-0.7-py2-none-any.whl (11.9 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|