A set of tools which enhances ORMs written in Python with more features
Architect is a set of tools which enhances ORMs written in Python with more features and simplifies different database related complex tasks.
Architect has no required external dependencies except for the ORM it will be used with.
To install Architect, simply:
$ pip install architect
$ easy_install architect
Documentation is available at http://architect.readthedocs.io.
Contacts and Support
Donations and Sponsorship
If you like this project and want to support it you have several options:
- Just give this project a star at the GitHub repository.
- Become a sponsor. Contact me via tepkeev at gmail dot com if you are interested in becoming a sponsor and we will discuss the terms and conditions.
Copyright and License
Architect is licensed under Apache 2.0 license. Check the LICENSE for details.
- Added: Support for testing all databases in one go using DB=all environmental variable
- Fixed: Django: Unable to partition tables in multi database configuration without default database
- Fixed: PostgreSQL: Failed to partition a table if a reserved keyword was used as a column name (turned out this wasn’t fixed properly in v0.5.4) (thanks to ra2er)
- Fixed: Django: Error handling with 1.10.x branch
- Added: Django: Issue #30 (Support for using database routers to determine correct database for a model in a multi database configuration)
- Fixed: Peewee: Table partitioning was broken in Peewee >= 2.7.4 due to Peewee API changes
- Fixed: PostgreSQL: Failed to partition a table if a reserved keyword was used as a column name
- Added: Tests are now built-in into source package distributed via PyPI
- Fixed: Django: Issue #21 (Unable to partition a model with non-lazy translations)
- Fixed: PostgreSQL: Issue #14 (Error when trying to save a record into a table if partitioned column value had special characters inside, using string_firstchars and string_lastchars partition subtypes)
- Fixed: PostgreSQL: Issue #11 (Error when trying to save a record into a table that was partitioned by a column that can be NULL, now if a column, that was used for partitioning, has NULL value it will be inserted into a special partition with _null postfix)
- Fixed: SQLObject: Error when trying to partition a model with a field that has a default attribute set to some value
- Fixed: Issue #13 (MySQL support was broken in v0.5.0 released to PyPI)
- Added: Django: Issue #9 (Support for multiple databases)
- Added: Support for custom features, see docs for details
- Changed: dsn partition option renamed to db to cover more use cases
- Changed: DsnParseError exception renamed to OptionValueError to cover more use cases
- Fixed: Django: Error when trying to partition a model with Django <= 1.5 in debug mode
- Fixed: “No module named modulename.py” error when trying to specify model’s module with .py extension at the end in partition command
- Added: wheel support
- Added: SQLObject ORM support
- Added: PostgreSQL: New integer (thanks to Nikolay Yarovoy), string_firstchars (thanks to Dmitry Brytkov) and string_lastchars range partition subtypes, see docs for details
- Changed: range partition option renamed to constraint to better suit new partition subtypes
- Changed: PostgreSQL: Triggers refactoring and speedups, don’t forget to rerun partition command to apply new refactored triggers to the database
- Fixed: architect.uninstall decorator wasn’t able to restore modified model methods under Python 3
- Added: Documentation rewritten from scratch
- Added: Introduced completely new API (almost 80% of Architect code was rewritten from scratch). All functionality is now provided by an architect.install decorator which dynamically injects requested feature, e.g. partition, into a model under the architect namespace, e.g. model.architect.partition. No more mixins, inheritance and nested classes with settings that pollute model’s namespace. More information is available in the docs
- Added: New operation feature which provide an abstraction layer to execute raw SQL statements which will work with any supported ORM, see docs
- Fixed: Issue #8 (cannot import name string_literal error with PonyORM and PyMySQL if pymysql.install_as_MySQLdb() was used)
- Fixed: Issue #7 (SQLite dummy backend was completely broken)
- Fixed: Issue #4 (autocommit cannot be used inside a transaction error with Django if a model was used inside with transaction.atomic() block)
- Fixed: Issue #2 (partition command was unable to find module with models to partition)
- Fixed: Issue #1 (relation already exists error when trying to insert data into non-existent partition simultaneously from several queries) (thanks to Daniel Kontsek)
- Added: MySQL: Range partitioning support
- Initial release
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|architect-0.5.6-py2.py3-none-any.whl (32.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3||May 1, 2017|
|architect-0.5.6.tar.gz (29.0 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None||May 1, 2017|