Timeout context manager for asyncio programs
asyncio-compatible timeout context manager.
The context manager is useful in cases when you want to apply timeout logic around block of code or in cases when asyncio.wait_for() is not suitable. Also it’s much faster than asyncio.wait_for() because timeout doesn’t create a new task.
The timeout(timeout, *, loop=None) call returns a context manager that cancels a block on timeout expiring:
async with timeout(1.5): await inner()
- If inner() is executed faster than in 1.5 seconds nothing happens.
- Otherwise inner() is cancelled internally by sending asyncio.CancelledError into but asyncio.TimeoutError is raised outside of context manager scope.
timeout parameter could be None for skipping timeout functionality.
Context manager has .expired property for check if timeout happens exactly in context manager:
async with timeout(1.5) as cm: await inner() print(cm.expired)
The property is True if inner() execution is cancelled by timeout context manager.
If inner() call explicitly raises TimeoutError cm.expired is False.
$ pip install async-timeout
The library is Python 3 only!
- More aggressive typing (#48)
- Drop Python 3.4, the minimal supported version is Python 3.5.3
- Provide type annotations
- Fix PendingDeprecationWarning on Python 3.7 (#33)
- Changed timeout <= 0 behaviour
- Backward incompatibility change, prior this version 0 was shortcut for None
- when timeout <= 0 TimeoutError raised faster
- Implement remaining property (#20)
- If timeout is not started yet or started unconstrained: remaining is None
- If timeout is expired: remaining is 0.0
- All others: roughly amount of time before TimeoutError is triggered
- Don’t suppress nested exception on timeout. Exception context points on cancelled line with suspended await (#13)
- Introduce .timeout property (#16)
- Add methods for using as async context manager (#9)
- Support unpublished event loop’s “current_task” api.
- Extra check on context manager exit
- 0 is no-op timeout
- Rename to async-timeout
- The first release.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size async_timeout-3.0.1-py3-none-any.whl (8.2 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size async-timeout-3.0.1.tar.gz (9.7 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for async_timeout-3.0.1-py3-none-any.whl