Generate C++ for an AsyncAPI Specification
This 3rd-party open source tool creates C++ interfaces according to AsyncAPI specifications. Currently, only MQTT is supported.
The Python3 generator interprets a AsyncAPI specification and uses jinja2 templates to create a number of C++ sources and headers.
The AsyncAPI must be format-decoded first, using a JSON or YAML parser. The resulting parsed structure is then passed to the generator.
The generator interprets the specification directly. For example, if the specification defines a
publish operation, the generator creates code for publishing.
The generator creates the following types of output files:
- client interface. This is the main interface for publishing or subscribing to messages.
- servers. Represents a connection to a server. Currently, only unauthenticated MQTT connections are supported. A server object is provided to a client interface to establish the connection to the broker/server.
- parameters. These are just schema objects.
- messages. Currently, these are just schema objects. However, in the future these objects will also take protocol-specific message bindings.
- schemas. These are structures that always enforce schema compliance and provide (de-)serialization methods to rapidjson Value objects (which can thus be used to create JSON strings).
Generated code files should be annotated for doxygen document generation, or at least that is the goal.
pip3 install asyncapi-codegen
Python requirements for running code generator
See also requirements.txt
- python 3.7
C++ requirements for generated code
- boost (boost::optional and boost::variant among others)
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size asyncapi_codegen-0.0.4-py3-none-any.whl (28.4 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size asyncapi-codegen-0.0.4.tar.gz (7.5 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for asyncapi_codegen-0.0.4-py3-none-any.whl