Redis/Sentinel High Availability package for asyncio-redis
High Availability package and Sentinel client for the PEP 3156 Python event loop.
This package is a wrapper/plugin for asyncio-redis asynchronous, non-blocking client for a Redis server. It depends on asyncio (PEP 3156) and therefor it requires Python 3.3 or 3.4. If you’re new to asyncio, it can be helpful to check out the asyncio documentation first.
- Sentinel support ontop of asyncio-redis:
- Extended Redis support (versions 3.x)
- Mostly tested
- all tests from asyncio-redis are green
- new functionality covered and guaranteed to run in same conditions
- failover scenarios tested manually
Redis cluster with Sentinel solution requires Redis 3.x
This package uses and heavily depends on asyncio-redis, because of the dependencies on package internals (due to required changes to support sentinel operations) currently requirement fixed at version 0.14.3
I will manually update this dependency after ensuring that internals are compatible.
- implement pool reinitialization on master connection loss
- add repeat/backoff wrapper as part of the package (coroutine or decorator)
- provide automated testing for failover scenarios
- implement preemptive connection reconfiguration (instant failover detection based on channel events from Sentinel daemon)
- hiredis support
Usage is the very same as for asyncio-redis package Pool object, except for initialization of an entry point
Initialize a ConnectionManager
c = yield from ConnectionManager.create( cluster_name='mymaster', sentinels=[ ('172.17.0.4', 26379), ('172.17.0.6', 26379), ('172.17.0.7', 26379) ], poolsize=5 ) # start using just like asyncio-redis yield from c.set('key', 'value')