An asynchronous wrapper for TK/TCL using TKInter and AsyncIO
## What is AsyncTK?
AsyncTK is an asynchronous wrapper for TK/TCL using TKInter and AsyncIO. It can:
- Initialise and start the event loop
- Run all major TK/TCL commands and widgets, asynchronously!
- Be combined, using class inheritance, with other asynchronous processes and classes!
AsyncTK can be installed using pip install asynctk, or for the more adventurous, pip install git+https://github.com/Starwort/asynctk.git
AsyncTK’s window is used as TK’s is, it’s created, and components are placed onto it. Finally, the app’s .mainloop() method is called, and your program runs. Nothing new there, right? Wrong. By calling asyncio.ensure_future() on your coroutines, those coroutines will continue to run, and can interact with the TK window. This means no more threading solutions - processes can change the window!
### Future improvements
- Make coroutines the default for callbacks
- Ensure there is no widget lag
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.