Send mails from Plone to users and groups
MailServices allows to send emails to portal’s users and groups.
- This very lightweight plone product let’s you mailing people from your portal, by groups or by selecting users.
- It equally allows you to mail people that are’nt members of the portals, but WITHOUT ANY VERIFICATION! (for the moment).
- Otherwise, it adds a document action, which works in the same way that classic plone ‘send_to’ action, but let’s you choosing your target by scanning the portal groups/users.
- It also adds an user action, which works in the same way as described above.
- Manager can choose in ControlPanel : - default subject, - default body, - if he will receive a copy of each mail sent, - if users are able to send mails to non-portal’s users.
- Mails are sent from user email address. For security purposes, this can’t be modified.
Permission is set for ‘Manager and ‘Member’
Bcc support is currently implemented in a branche. However, due to MailHost behaviour, all recipients can see the bcc list. We are working on this issue, feel free to send your proposals in case you have some.
- Thomas DESVENAIN [thomasdesvenain]
- Wouter VANDEN HOVE [WouterVH]
- Romain BEYLERIAN [rbeylerian]
- Sponsorised by ML-COM - www.ml-com.com (and some international research labs)
- Make BCC mailing work.
- Modify template mechanism to adopt the same granularity that’s provided in collective.contentrule.mail.
(name of developer listed in brackets)
- Fix Plone 4 compatibility : update action icons declaration. [rbeylerian]
- Fix Plone 3.2 compatibility : added z3c.autoinclude in setup.py install_requires list. [rbeylerian]
- Fix CC’s send issue. [tiazma]
- Fix Plone 4.1 compatibility : Update CMF core permissions declaration in ZCML. [rbeylerian]
- Fix Plone 4.1 compatibility. [thomasdesvenain]
- Fix KSSViews. [WouterVH]
- Fix Plone 4.0 compatibility. [WouterVH]
- Fix configlet-icon in Plone4. [WouterVH]
- Add docs/LICENSE.GPL and docs/LICENSE.txt. [WouterVH]
- Add MANIFEST.in. [WouterVH]
- Added z3c.autoinclude entry point so this package is automatically loaded in Plone 3.3+. [WouterVH]
- Pyflakes cleanup. [WouterVH]
- Default subject/body fields are not required anymore. [tiazma]
- Modified the way to get the user’s email. [tiazma]
- Corrected README and added TODO section. [tiazma]
- new features: user mail address auto, body and subject template, additionals adresses optionnals, translations… [f10w]
- User action added. [tiazma]
- By default, permission is now set on Member too. [tiazma]
- Transform the products MailServices in an egg. [Florent Michon]
- Initial package structure. [zopeskel]
- Last version as a Product. [Matthias Broquet]