Fedmsg consumer to report Autocloud results to ResultsDB
autocloudreporter is a fedmsg consumer for reporting Autocloud results to ResultsDB. It listens out for Autocloud fedmsg messages, and submits results using the resultsdb_conventions module for conveniently reporting results in ‘conventional’ format.
The code was written with Python 3 in mind, but it turns out that verification of fedmsg message signatures does not currently work in Python 3, so it should be run under Python 2 for now.
Install the required external Python libraries, then use setuptools to install, e.g.:
python setup.py install
Test and production modes
Two consumers are provided, a ‘test’ and a ‘production’ consumer. For ‘test’:
- The consumer listens for dev (not prod) messages
- The consumer does not validate message signatures
- The consumer reports to a ResultsDB instance running on localhost port 5001
In this mode it is safe to play around with the consumer, and you can use a tool like fedmsg-dg-replay to trigger event creation by replaying a relevant fedmsg (which will show up with a dev topic rather than prod).
- The consumer listens for prod (not dev) messages
- The consumer validates message signatures
- The consumer reports to the production ResultsDB instance (if permitted)
PLEASE do not enable the production consumer on a system authorized to submit results to ResultsDB without checking with Fedora QA.
The fedmsg config keys for the consumers are autocloudreporter.test.enabled and autocloudreporter.prod.enabled respectively.
autocloudreporter is released under the GPL, version 3 or later. See COPYING and the header of autocloudreporter.py itself.