A simple Python-based automation framework.
automan: a simple automation framework
This framework allows you to automate your computational pipelines. automan is open source and distributed under the terms of the 3-clause BSD license.
It is designed to automate the drudge work of managing many numerical simulations. As an automation framework it does the following:
- helps you organize your simulations.
- helps you orchestrate running simulations and then post-processing the results from these.
- helps you reuse code for the post processing of your simulation data.
- execute all your simulations and post-processing with one command.
- optionally distribute your simulations among other computers on your network.
This greatly facilitates reproducibility. Automan is written in pure Python and is easy to install.
You should be able to install automan using pip as:
$ pip install automan
If you want to run on the bleeding edge, you may also clone this repository, change directory into the created directory and run either:
$ python setup.py install
$ python setup.py develop
Documentation for this project is available at https://automan.rtfd.io
There is a paper on automan that motivates and describes the software:
- Prabhu Ramachandran, “automan: A Python-Based Automation Framework for Numerical Computing,” in Computing in Science & Engineering, vol. 20, no. 5, pp. 81-97, 2018. doi:10.1109/MCSE.2018.05329818
A draft of this paper is available here: https://arxiv.org/abs/1712.04786
To see a complete example of a research publication using this framework, see here: https://gitlab.com/prabhu/edac_sph
The README.rst in that repository documents how to set everything up. The scripts to look at are in common.py and automate.py.
A simpler example project which uses automan is here: https://github.com/mesnardo/automan-example
The package name
The name automan comes from an old serial with the same name. Most other names were taken on pypi.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size automan-0.4-py3-none-any.whl (33.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size automan-0.4.tar.gz (46.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|