Automatically remove torrents according to your strategies.
This program can help you to remove your torrents. Now you don’t need to worry about your disk space - according to your strategies, the program will check each torrent if it satisfies the remove condition; If so, delete it automatically.
This program supports qBittorrent/Transmission/μTorrent. If you like, star it :star2: :)
Readme version in other languages: 简体中文.
- Python 2.7 or Python 3
That’s all. It’s a simple but smart program.
Install from pip
pip install autoremove-torrents
Install from GitHub
git clone https://github.com/jerrymakesjelly/autoremove-torrents.git cd autoremove-torrents python3 setup.py install
Write your configuration file
In order to satisfactory your needs, you have to learn how to write a configuration file.
You can put the configuration file anywhere on your disk. The autoremove-torrents looks for config.yml in the Shell’s current working directory:
The grammar is quite easy, for example:
my_task: client: qbittorrent host: http://127.0.0.1 username: admin password: adminadmin strategies: my_strategy: categories: IPT remove: seeding_time > 1209600 or ratio > 1 delete_data: true
The program will delete those torrents whose categories are IPT, seeding time is above 1209600 seconds or ratio is greater than 1. Read the documents to learn more.
If you just want to see which torrents can be removed but don’t want to really remove them, use --view command line argument.
Setting up scheduled tasks
If you want to check whether there is any torrent can be removed every 15 minutes, the crontab can help you. Look at the example:
And then, add a line at the end of the file (please confirm the path of the autoremove-torrents and your program):
*/15 * * * * /usr/bin/autoremove-torrents --conf=/home/jerrymakesjelly/autoremove-torrents/config.yml --log=/home/jerrymakesjelly/autoremove-torrents/logs
The --conf indicates the path to the configuration file. The --log argument specifies the path to store the log files (Must be existed).
Thu, 27 Aug 2020: Version 1.5.3.
- Fix psutil’s compatibility in Synology (use to check the free spaces). (#61)
- Enable to output debug logs by specifying --debug or -d argument. (#76)
- Fix API imcompatibility issue caused by the trailing / in host URL. (#81)
- Add uploaded size and downloaded size conditions. (#79)
Fri, 27 Mar 2020: Version 1.5.2.
- Support Deluge. (#8)
- Use batch delete to improve efficiency.
- Fix multi-language support in config file. (#69)
- Set the client names to be case-insensitive.
Sat, 29 Feb 2020: Version 1.5.1.
- Fix missing status StalledUpload and StalledDownload in version 1.5.0. (#66)
Fri, 28 Feb 2020: Version 1.5.0.
- Fix a problem: cannot login to client with numeric username or password. (#64)
- Fix a problem: tasks could not be executed in a Transmission without label properties.
- Fix a problem: removing conditions may not work for unlabeled and trackerless torrents.
- Fix a problem: missing status Queued in μTorrent.
- Add new status Error to filter status.
- Add support for Transmission labels. (#24)
- Add removing conditions: Maximum Download Speed max_downloadspeed and Minimum Upload Speed min_uploadspeed.
- Add removing conditions: Maximum Average Download Speed max_average_downloadspeed and Minimum Average Upload Speed min_average_uploadspeed. (#49)
- Add removing conditions: Maximum Torrent Size max_size. (#21)
- Add removing conditions: Maximum Number of Seeders max_seeder and Minimum Number of Leechers min_leecher. (#62)
- Add removing conditions: Maximum Number of Connected Seeders max_connected_seeder and Minimum Number of Connected Leechers min_connected_leecher.
- Add a removing condition: Last Activity last_activity, which removes torrents without upload or download speed for a period of time. (#1) (#9)
- Add a removing condition: Maximum Download Progress max_progress.
- Add actions: add remove-active-seeds and remove-inactive-seeds to free_space, maximum_number and seed_size in order to try to remove active or inactive torrents based on the last active time. (#9)
- Add a removing condition: Upload Ratio upload_ratio, which can remove torrents based on the ratio of uploaded size to torrent size. (#55)
Mon, 3 Feb 2020: Migrate documents to Read the Docs.
Sun, 26 Jan 2020: Version 1.4.9.
- Add free_space condition.
Tue, 7 Jan 2020: Version 1.4.8.
- Fix bug that cannot delete torrents in qBittorrent v4.2.1+. Sorry for any inconvenience. (#53)
Mon, 6 Jan 2020: Version 1.4.7.
- Add support for new API in qBittorrent 4.2.1. (#46) Note: This version has a bug. Please upgrade to v1.4.8 or higher.
Tue, 17 Sep 2019: Version 1.4.6.
- Fix problem that the tracker filter needs to specific ports when the tracker URL includes port number. (#38)
Thu, 6 Jun 2019: Version 1.4.5.
- Added status StalledUpload and StalledDownload. (#34)
Wed, 22 May 2019: Version 1.4.4.
- Fixed a bug that when condition seed_size / maximum_number is used together with condtion ratio / create_time / seeding_time, the task will fail. (#33)
- New feature: if the content of filter has only one line, now it is allowed to write down directly without using list.
Sun, 19 May 2019: Version 1.4.3.
- Supported Python 2.7. (#29)
- Stopped supporting Python 3.4. (kennethreitz/requests#5092)
Mon, 13 May 2019: Version 1.4.2.
- Fixed missing parser files. (#32)
- Fixed association of operators. (#32) Now the operator and and or are guaranteed to be left-associative.
Mon, 6 May 2019: Version 1.4.1.
- Fixed missing dependency: ply.
- Fixed the warning of duplicate definition in condition remove.
Mon, 6 May 2019: Updated Wiki.
- Added the description of remove condition into Simplified-Chinese Wiki.
Wed, 1 May 2019: Version 1.4.0.
- Removed torrent status restriction in seeding_time and ratio condition (#19).
- Before this version, seeding_time and ratio condition will only remove those torrents whose status are seeding. We set this restriction to provide a method for users to avoid a torrent being removed by changing its status (e.g. pause seeding).
- But now we have a status filter, this restriction becomes unnecessary, and its behavior may be different from users expectation.
- Supported custom remove expressions (#15).
- Now we can write the condition that we want directly and clearly, e.g. remove: ratio > 1.
- Composite condition expressions are also supported, e.g. remove: (seeding_time < 86400 and ratio > 1) or (seeding_time > 86400 and ratio > 3). Visit Wiki to learn more.
- The old remove conditions are still available.
Wed, 17 Apr 2019: Version 1.3.0.
- Fixed bug: Program gets stuck when there are a lot of torrents in qBittorrent client (Issue #22).
- Fixed bug: Duplicated logging in status filter.
- Log system was updated:
- Log path can be specified (Use --log argument, e.g. --log=/home/jerrymakesjelly/logs) (Issue #23).
- Logs are stored in different files by day (Format: autoremove.%Y-%m-%d.log).
- Changed the word seed to torrent (Issue #25).
- Removed uncessary debug messages.
Mon, 10 Jan 2019: Version 1.2.5.
- Fixed bug: Incorrect number of torrents in multiple strategies (Issue #10, thanks to @momokoo for the report and PR).
- Fixed bug: Incorrect number of torrents in qBittorrent (Issue #13).
Thu, 31 May 2018: Version 1.2.4.
- Fixed startup failure.
Wed, 30 May 2018: Version 1.2.3. Added new features.
- Allowed to use environment variables to specify host, username and password.
- Allowed username and password to be empty (or one of them is empty) to log in a WebUI without username and/or password.
- Now the program won’t quit directly when a task goes failed.
Sun, 27 May 2018: Version 1.2.2. Added new features :smile:
- Added new filter: Torrent Status
- Added new condition: Maximum number of torrents
Sat, 26 May 2018: Version 1.2.1. Fixed issue in setup.py.
Sat, 26 May 2018: Version 1.2.0. Refactoring was completed, and was published to PyPI.
- New features will be added soon.
- Now we can install it via pip.
Mon, 14 May 2018: Version 1.1.0. Created setup.py.
You can now use the autoremove-torrents command directly instead of python3 main.py.
Wed, 28 Mar 2018: (Correct document) The delete_data field shouldn’t be indented.
Thu, 22 Mar 2018: First version :bowtie:
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size autoremove-torrents-1.5.3.tar.gz (28.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for autoremove-torrents-1.5.3.tar.gz