- vm/vmss: use newer api-version of “2017-03-30”
- BC: ‘sku.managed’ is removed from ‘az vm availability-set show’ (use sku.name instead)
- vmss create: add arguments –app-gateway-capacity and –app-gateway-sku.
- vm/vmss create: if –admin-password is specified for Linux images, automatically will change from SSH authentication
to password without needing –authentication-type password explicitly.
- vm/vmss create: added information statements that can be shown using –debug
- vm/vmss create: added client-side validation where certain parameters were previously just ignored.
- vmss create: support public ip per instance, instance custom domain name, custom dns servers
- vm/vmss: lower thread number used for ‘vm image list –all’ to avoid exceeding the OS opened file limits
- diagnostics: Fix a typo in default Linux Diagnostic extension config
- vmss create: fix failure when running with –use-unmanaged-disk
- vm: support attaching data disks on vm create (#3644)
- Improve table output for vm/vmss commands: get-instance-view, list, show, list-usage, etc
- support configuring disk caching on attaching a managed disk (#3513)
- Support attaching existing data disks on vm create
- VM/VMSS: fixed an issue with name generation that resulted in the create commands not being idempotent.
- diagnostics: Fix incorrect Linux diagnostics default config with update for LAD v.3.0 extension
- disk: support cross subscription blob import
- disk: add –no-wait flag to disk create, update, and delete.
- disk: add az disk wait command.
- BC: disk: add confirmation prompt to az disk delete.
- vm: support license type on create
- BC: vm open-port: command always returns the NSG. Previously it returned the NIC or Subnet.
- vm: fix “vm extension list” crash if the VM has no extensions
- vmss: update arg description for ‘vmss delete-instances –instance-ids’
- vmss: hide arg ‘vmss show –ids’, which is not supposed to work because of ‘instance-id’ arg
- BC: vmss list-instance-connection-info: include instance IDs in the output
- vm/vmss diagnostics: provide protected settings samples, handle extension major version upgrade, etc.
- disk/snapshot/image: expose ‘–tags’ in the create command
- vmss: provides default for ‘–app-gateway-subnet-address-prefix’ when creating a new vnet
- vm: support configuring disk caching on attaching a managed disk
- avail-set: make UD&FD domain counts optional
note: VM commands in sovereign clouds
Please avoid managed disk related features, including the following:
1. az disk/snapshot/image
2. az vm/vmss disk
3. Inside “az vm/vmss create”, use “—use-unmanaged-disk” to avoid managed disk
Other commands should work
- vm/vmss: improve the warning text when generates ssh key pairs
- vm/vmss: support create from a market place image which requires plan info(#1209)
- Fix bug with vmss update and vm availability-set update
- vmss: bug fixes on ip address handling (#2683)
- Fix #2641 (#2670)
- Update storage dependencies (#2654)
- vm: fix the bug that missing fallback default using ‘next’ (#2624)
- [Compute] Add AppGateway support to VMSS create (#2570)
- [VM/VMSS] Improved disk caching support (#2522)
- VM/VMSS: incorporate credentials validation logic used by portal (#2537)
- Add wait commands and –no-wait support (#2524)
- vm: fix distro check mechanism used by disk encryption (#2511)
- fixed typo in help text (#2519)
- [KeyVault] Command fixes (#2474)
- vm: catch more general exception on querying encryption extension status (#2498)
- vmss: support * to list instance view across vms (#2467)
- core: support setting default values for common arguments like default resource group, default web, default vm (#2414)
- no dynamic completion on vm create name (#2451)
- VM/VMSS: reuse existing extension instance name on update (#2395)
- Fix bug in vm show. (#2415)
- Add –secrets for VM and VMSS (#2212)
- Allow VM creation with specialized VHD (#2256)
- vm/vmss: move generate_ssh_keys to ‘Authentication’ group (#2296)
- GA release
- Fix vmss list-instance-connection-info naming
- Snapshot description update
- VM: fix a casing issue on check os type (#2208)
- Rev compute package to 0.33.rc1 for new API version (#2136)
- Change default VM size to Standard_DS1_v2. (#2181)
- Fix VM names in documentation. (#2183)
- vm/disk: fix bugs in detach (#2138)
- Show commands return empty string with exit code 0 for 404 responses (#2117)
- Disk encryption: Enable/Disable/Show (#2113)
- vm image: do not normalize casing on blob uri (#2126)
- vm/av-set: remove domain count defaults (#2111)
- Move acs commands from vm to acs module (#2098)
- Fix broken name or ids logic in VM/VMSS Create (#2091)
- VM list: avoid add None mac addresss (#2059)
- Use same defaults like portal (#2055)
- VM: command renaming on ‘access’ related command (#2053)
- Add –custom-data to VM and VMSS create (#2035)
- Improve the default logic on the subnets (#2000)
- Prompts for yes / no use the -y option rather than –force
- VM/VMSS: Managed Disk Support
- Enhance vm open-port command with –port and –priority parameters.
- VM: generate ssh key file if needed (#1842)
- New VM/VMSS Create (#1849)
- Fix vm doc bug #621, #519 (#1839)
- Add path expansion to file type parameters (#1827)
- Expose flags to show vm ip-address, power state (#1820)
- [ACS] Add validation for SSH key format (#1699)
- Add confirmation prompt to ‘vm delete’.
- Support Python 3.6.
- Enable Multi-Cloud VM/VMSS Create.
- [ACS] Add a table transform for acs show to match acs list.
- Fix: az vm boot-diagnostics get-boot-log key1 -> keys.value.