IoT Hub Device Client Library
Azure IoT Hub Device Client SDK
How to Install
pip install azure-iothub-device-client
Additionally, if running on Linux or OSX:
apt-get install libboost-python-dev
For best results, ensure that your version of boost is >= 1.58
Use this SDK to:
- Send event data to Azure IoT Hub
- Recieve messages from Azure IoT Hub
- Communicate with Azure IoT Hub via AMQP, MQTT or HTTP protocols
- Synchronize an Azure IoT Hub Device Twin or Module Twin with Azure IoT Hub from a device or module
- Implement Azure IoT Hub Direct Device/Module Methods on devices/modules
- Implement Azure IoT Device/Module Management features on devices/modules
- Implement Azure IoT Edge and custom modules connecting to Edge Hub
- Read the Azure IoT Fundamentals guide to get an overview of what Azure IoT can do.
- Read the Azure IoT Hub guide to understand how to connect devices to the Azure IoT Hub using this SDK.
- Read the Azure IoT Edge guide to understand how to bring the power of the IoT Hub "to the edge" instead of the cloud.
Please refer to our sample repository for examples of how to use the Azure IoT Hub Device Client SDK.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.