Microsoft Azure API Management Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure API Management Client Library. This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7 and 3.8. For a more complete view of Azure libraries, see the azure sdk python release.
To learn how to use this package, see the quickstart guide
For docs and references, see Python SDK References Code samples for this package can be found at API Management on docs.microsoft.com. Additional code samples for different Azure services are available at Samples Repo
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
This is beta preview version. For detailed changelog please refer to equivalent stable version 0.2.0(https://pypi.org/project/azure-mgmt-apimanagement/0.2.0/)
This version uses a next-generation code generator that introduces important breaking changes, but also important new features (like unified authentication and async programming).
General breaking changes
Credential system has been completly revamped:
msrestazure.azure_active_directoryinstances are no longer supported, use the
azure-identityclasses instead: https://pypi.org/project/azure-identity/
credentialsparameter has been renamed
configattribute no longer exists on a client, configuration should be passed as kwarg. Example:
MyClient(credential, subscription_id, enable_logging=True). For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in init documentation of azure-core
You can't import a
versionmodule anymore, use
Operations that used to return a
msrest.polling.LROPollernow returns a
azure.core.polling.LROPollerand are prefixed with
Exceptions tree have been simplified and most exceptions are now
CloudErrorhas been removed).
Most of the operation kwarg have changed. Some of the most noticeable:
rawhas been removed. Equivalent feature can be found using
cls, a callback that will give access to internal HTTP response for advanced user
- For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in Request documentation of azure-core
General new features
- Type annotations support using
typing. SDKs are mypy ready.
- This client has now stable and official support for async. Check the
aionamespace of your package to find the async client.
- This client now support natively tracing library like OpenCensus or OpenTelemetry. See this tracing quickstart for an overview.
- Model IdentityProviderUpdateParameters has a new parameter signin_tenant
- Model ApiManagementServiceIdentity has a new parameter user_assigned_identities
- Model AdditionalLocation has a new parameter disable_gateway
- Model UserCreateParameters has a new parameter app_type
- Model ApiManagementServiceResource has a new parameter disable_gateway
- Model ApiManagementServiceResource has a new parameter developer_portal_url
- Model ApiManagementServiceResource has a new parameter api_version_constraint
- Model DiagnosticContract has a new parameter log_client_ip
- Model DiagnosticContract has a new parameter verbosity
- Model DiagnosticContract has a new parameter http_correlation_protocol
- Model SchemaContract has a new parameter value
- Model SchemaContract has a new parameter definitions
- Model ApiManagementServiceUpdateParameters has a new parameter disable_gateway
- Model ApiManagementServiceUpdateParameters has a new parameter developer_portal_url
- Model ApiManagementServiceUpdateParameters has a new parameter api_version_constraint
- Model TagDescriptionContract has a new parameter tag_id
- Model ApiManagementServiceBaseProperties has a new parameter disable_gateway
- Model ApiManagementServiceBaseProperties has a new parameter developer_portal_url
- Model ApiManagementServiceBaseProperties has a new parameter api_version_constraint
- Model IdentityProviderBaseParameters has a new parameter signin_tenant
- Model IdentityProviderContract has a new parameter signin_tenant
- Added operation TenantAccessGitOperations.list_secrets
- Added operation DelegationSettingsOperations.list_secrets
- Added operation AuthorizationServerOperations.list_secrets
- Added operation TenantAccessOperations.list_secrets
- Added operation SubscriptionOperations.list_secrets
- Added operation IdentityProviderOperations.list_secrets
- Added operation OpenIdConnectProviderOperations.list_secrets
- Added operation group GatewayApiOperations
- Added operation group PolicyDescriptionOperations
- Added operation group GatewayHostnameConfigurationOperations
- Added operation group NamedValueOperations
- Added operation group GatewayOperations
General breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes if from some import. In summary, some modules were incorrectly visible/importable and have been renamed. This fixed several issues caused by usage of classes that were not supposed to be used in the first place.
- ApiManagementClient cannot be imported from
azure.mgmt.apimanagement.api_management_clientanymore (import from
azure.mgmt.apimanagementworks like before)
- ApiManagementClientConfiguration import has been moved from
- A model
MyClassfrom a "models" sub-module cannot be imported anymore using
azure.mgmt.apimanagement.modelsworks like before)
- An operation class
operationssub-module cannot be imported anymore using
azure.mgmt.apimanagement.operationsworks like before)
Last but not least, HTTP connection pooling is now enabled by default. You should always use a client as a context manager, or call close(), or use no more than one client per process.
- Initial Release
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for azure-mgmt-apimanagement-1.0.0b1.zip
Hashes for azure_mgmt_apimanagement-1.0.0b1-py2.py3-none-any.whl