Microsoft Azure Application Insights Management Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Application Insights Management Client Library.
Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is the next generation of management APIs that replace the old Azure Service Management (ASM).
This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.4, 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7.
For the older Azure Service Management (ASM) libraries, see azure-servicemanagement-legacy library.
For a more complete set of Azure libraries, see the azure sdk python release.
To learn how to use this package, see the quickstart guide
For docs and references, see Python SDK References Code samples for this package can be found at Applicationinsights Management on docs.microsoft.com. Additional code samples for different Azure services are available at Samples Repo
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new parameter etag
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new parameter name_properties_name
- Model OperationDisplay no longer has parameter description
- Model Operation no longer has parameter is_data_action
- Model Operation no longer has parameter origin
- Model ErrorDetail has a new signature
- Removed operation group QueryPacksOperations
- Removed operation group QueriesOperations
This is beta preview version.
This version uses a next-generation code generator that introduces important breaking changes, but also important new features (like unified authentication and async programming).
General breaking changes
Credential system has been completly revamped:
msrestazure.azure_active_directoryinstances are no longer supported, use the
azure-identityclasses instead: https://pypi.org/project/azure-identity/
credentialsparameter has been renamed
configattribute no longer exists on a client, configuration should be passed as kwarg. Example:
MyClient(credential, subscription_id, enable_logging=True). For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in init documentation of azure-core
You can't import a
versionmodule anymore, use
Operations that used to return a
msrest.polling.LROPollernow returns a
azure.core.polling.LROPollerand are prefixed with
Exceptions tree have been simplified and most exceptions are now
CloudErrorhas been removed).
Most of the operation kwarg have changed. Some of the most noticeable:
rawhas been removed. Equivalent feature can be found using
cls, a callback that will give access to internal HTTP response for advanced user
- For a complete set of supported options, see the parameters accept in Request documentation of azure-core
General new features
- Type annotations support using
typing. SDKs are mypy ready.
- This client has now stable and official support for async. Check the
aionamespace of your package to find the async client.
- This client now support natively tracing library like OpenCensus or OpenTelemetry. See this tracing quickstart for an overview.
** Fixes **
- Removed an unreferenced client definition.
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponentProactiveDetectionConfiguration has a new parameter type
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponentProactiveDetectionConfiguration has a new parameter location
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponentProactiveDetectionConfiguration has a new parameter id
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponentProactiveDetectionConfiguration has a new parameter name1
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new parameter connection_string
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new parameter immediate_purge_data_on30_days
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new parameter retention_in_days
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new parameter disable_ip_masking
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new parameter public_network_access_for_query
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new parameter private_link_scoped_resources
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new parameter public_network_access_for_ingestion
- Added operation group ComponentCurrentPricingPlanOperations
- Added operation group ComponentLinkedStorageAccountsOperations
- Added operation group EASubscriptionListMigrationDateOperations
- Added operation group EASubscriptionMigrateToNewPricingModelOperations
- Added operation group EASubscriptionRollbackToLegacyPricingModelOperations
- Added operation group QueryPacksOperations
- Added operation group WorkbookTemplatesOperations
- Added operation group QueriesOperations
- Parameter location of model Workbook is now required
- Operation WorkbooksOperations.create_or_update has a new signature
- Operation WorkbooksOperations.list_by_resource_group has a new signature
- Operation WorkbooksOperations.update has a new signature
- Model Workbook no longer has parameter workbook_name
- Model Workbook no longer has parameter source_resource_id
- Model Workbook no longer has parameter shared_type_kind
- Model Workbook no longer has parameter workbook_id
- Model Workbook has a new required parameter display_name
- Model ApplicationInsightsComponent has a new required parameter workspace_resource_id
General Breaking Changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes. In summary, some modules were incorrectly visible/importable and have been renamed. This fixed several issues caused by usage of classes that were not supposed to be used in the first place.
- ApplicationInsightsManagementClient cannot be imported from
azure.mgmt.applicationinsights.application_insights_management_clientanymore (import from
azure.mgmt.applicationinsightsworks like before)
- ApplicationInsightsManagementClientConfiguration import has been moved from
- A model
MyClassfrom a "models" sub-module cannot be imported anymore using
azure.mgmt.applicationinsights.modelsworks like before)
- An operation class
operationssub-module cannot be imported anymore using
azure.mgmt.applicationinsights.operationsworks like before)
Last but not least, HTTP connection pooling is now enabled by default. You should always use a client as a context manager, or call close(), or use no more than one client per process.
- Added operation WebTestsOperations.list_by_component
- Added operation ComponentsOperations.get_purge_status
- Added operation ComponentsOperations.purge
- Added operation group FavoritesOperations
- Added operation group ComponentFeatureCapabilitiesOperations
- Added operation group WebTestLocationsOperations
- Added operation group ComponentAvailableFeaturesOperations
- Added operation group ProactiveDetectionConfigurationsOperations
- Added operation group AnnotationsOperations
- Added operation group WorkItemConfigurationsOperations
- Added operation group WorkbooksOperations
- Added operation group AnalyticsItemsOperations
General Breaking changes
This version uses a next-generation code generator that might introduce breaking changes.
- Model signatures now use only keyword-argument syntax. All positional arguments must be re-written as keyword-arguments. To keep auto-completion in most cases, models are now generated for Python 2 and Python 3. Python 3 uses the "*" syntax for keyword-only arguments.
- Enum types now use the "str" mixin (class AzureEnum(str, Enum)) to
improve the behavior when unrecognized enum values are encountered.
While this is not a breaking change, the distinctions are important,
and are documented here:
https://docs.python.org/3/library/enum.html#others At a glance:
- "is" should not be used at all.
- "format" will return the string value, where "%s" string
formatting will return
NameOfEnum.stringvalue. Format syntax should be prefered.
- New Long Running Operation:
- Return type changes from
msrest.polling.LROPoller. External API is the same.
- Return type is now always a
msrest.polling.LROPoller, regardless of the optional parameters used.
- The behavior has changed when using
raw=True. Instead of returning the initial call result as
ClientRawResponse, without polling, now this returns an LROPoller. After polling, the final resource will be returned as a
pollingparameter. The default behavior is
Polling=Truewhich will poll using ARM algorithm. When
Polling=False, the response of the initial call will be returned without polling.
pollingparameter accepts instances of subclasses of
add_done_callbackwill no longer raise if called after polling is finished, but will instead execute the callback right away.
- Return type changes from
- Add proactive_detection_configurations
- Initial Release
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size azure_mgmt_applicationinsights-1.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl (303.0 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py2.py3||Upload date||Hashes View|
|Filename, size azure-mgmt-applicationinsights-1.0.0.zip (332.1 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|
Hashes for azure_mgmt_applicationinsights-1.0.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
Hashes for azure-mgmt-applicationinsights-1.0.0.zip