Microsoft Azure Compute Management Client Library for Python
Microsoft Azure SDK for Python
This is the Microsoft Azure Compute Management Client Library.
Azure Resource Manager (ARM) is the next generation of management APIs that replace the old Azure Service Management (ASM).
This package has been tested with Python 2.7, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5 and 3.6.
For the older Azure Service Management (ASM) libraries, see azure-servicemanagement-legacy library.
For a more complete set of Azure libraries, see the azure bundle package.
IMPORTANT: If you have an earlier version of the azure package (version < 1.0), you should uninstall it before installing this package.
You can check the version using pip:
If you see azure==0.11.0 (or any version below 1.0), uninstall it first:
pip uninstall azure
For code examples, see Compute and Network Resource Management on readthedocs.org.
If you encounter any bugs or have suggestions, please file an issue in the Issues section of the project.
- Availability Zones
- “azure.mgmt.compute.compute” namespace is now simply “azure.mgmt.compute”. If you were already using “azure.mgmt.compute” before, you code should still work exactly the same.
- ContainerService has now be removed and exported in azure-mgmt-containerservice
Features in 2017-03-30
- Expose ‘enableAcceleratedNetworking’ for virtual machine and virtual machine SS. Windows GA, Linux in preview.
- Expose ‘forceUpdateTag’ to ensure extension gets reinstalled even there are no configuration change.
Compute default Api Version is now 2017-03-30.
New operation groups:
New methods in VM:
Several improvements and modifications in Managed Disks.
- ContainerService: fixed typo in class name (ContainerServiceOchestratorTypes is now ContainerServiceOrchestratorTypes)
- Compute: breaking changes in Managed Disk API:
- Managed field removed from Create AV Set API
- Account Type replaced with SKU in PUT and GET Managed Disk Create API
- OwnerId replaced by ManagedBy in GET Managed Disk API
Note that you can get the behavior of v1.0.0 by forcing the Api Version to “2016-04-30-preview” to update your package but not the code:
ComputeManagementClient(credentials, subscription_id, api_version=”2016-04-30-preview”)
- Tag 1.0.0rc2 as stable (same content)
- Add Compute ApiVersion 2016-03-30 (AzureStack default)
- Container service is now in it’s own client ContainerServiceClient
To help customers with sovereign clouds (not general Azure), this version has official multi ApiVersion support for the following resource type:
- Compute: 2015-06-15 and 2016-04-30-preview
The following resource types support one ApiVersion:
- ContainerService: 2017-01-31
This release adds Managed Disk to compute. This changes the default disk creation behavior to use the new Managed Disk feature instead of Storage.
- Add “Kubernetes” on Containers
- Improve technical documentation
New APIVersion for “container” 2016-09-30.
- several parameters (e.g. “username”) now dynamically check before REST calls validity against a regexp. Exception will be TypeError and not CloudError anymore.
We renamed some “container” methods to follow Azure SDK conventions
- “container” attribute on the client is now “containers”
- “list” changed behavior, now listing containers in subscription and lost its parameter
- “list_by_resource_group” new method with the old “list” behavior
- Initial preview release. Based on API version 2016-03-30.
- Initial preview release. Based on API version 2015-05-01-preview.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash SHA256 hash help||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|azure_mgmt_compute-3.0.0rc1-py2.py3-none-any.whl (533.9 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Wheel||py2.py3|
|azure-mgmt-compute-3.0.0rc1.zip (556.1 kB) Copy SHA256 hash SHA256||Source||None|