Pre and post processing scripts for Badlands
Badlands - Companion
Basin and Landscape Dynamics (Badlands) is a long-term surface evolution model built to simulate landscape development, sediment transport and sedimentary basins formation from upstream regions down to marine environments.
This program is a free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
What’s in the box?
Badlands is an open-source Python-based code and can be used to simulate:
- hillslope processes (linear & non-linear diffusion),
- fluvial incision (Stream Power Law, Transport Capacity Law)
- sediment transport and deposition,
- wave-induced longshore drift transport,
- reef growth and carbonate platform formation,
- submarine gravity currents (turbidity currents),
- spatially and temporally varying tectonic (horizontal + vertical displacements) and
- effects of climate changes (rainfall) and/or sea-level fluctuations.
Documentation & Installation
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size badlands_companion-1.0.2.tar.gz (48.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|