A library for many purposes
Functions and classes for many purposes, that I use all the time in multiple programs.
The fact that these are just bits and pieces does not prevent them from having bugs, so they are under version control at http://code.google.com/p/bag
Hopefully there’s something for you here!
Currently, the library requires Python 2.6.x.
- csv – The infamous csv Python module does not support unicode; problem solved.
- file_id_manager – Use this to hash your files, store the hashes, and know when you already have some file.
- google_translator – Use the Google translation webservice to translate text.
- html – Encode and decode HTML and XML entities.
- more_codecs – Got text in some weird encoding that Python doesn’t know? OK, use iconv to decode it.
- percentage_done – Don’t leave your user wondering if your program is hanging; print the percentage of work done every few seconds.
- sa – Convenient SQLALchemy initialization, and some types for working with SQLite.
- text – Functions for working with unicode strings.