Import order detection
A script to detect that the import order matches Mozilla WebDev Python guidelines.
[baked] zamboni $ p ~/sandboxes/baked/baked.py lib/video/ffmpeg.py -p lib/video/ffmpeg.py:9: order wrong for check_output, subprocess, VideoBase --- /Users/andy/sandboxes/zamboni/lib/video/ffmpeg.py 2014-05-23 16:11:56.000000000 -0700 +++ /var/folders/15/3crpnr7j4sj75xynpsqkqbr00000gp/T/tmpXvc_Ml.py 2014-05-23 16:12:11.000000000 -0700 @@ -1,14 +1,14 @@ import logging +import logging import re import tempfile from django.conf import settings +from django_statsd.clients import statsd from tower import ugettext as _ -from django_statsd.clients import statsd from .utils import check_output, subprocess, VideoBase -import logging
Notice that it detected that logging should be up at the top and django_statsd with the 3rd party imports.
baked.py [filename] [filename..]
Filename can be a glob. Or multiple filenames. For example:
baked.py apps/*.py mkt/*.py
Baked will also accept files being piped to it, for example:
git diff-index HEAD^ --name-only | baked
Baked loads a confg file as JSON. It will look in the following places for the file:
- in the current and parent directories of the file being checked for .baked
- the current directory for .baked
- the users profile directory for .baked
For an example see:
The config file contains:
- order: the list of orders of import blocks. This allows you to group your imports into categories.
- fallback: if a category is not found for lib, what should it fall back to, for most this will be local.
- from_order: a dictionary of sections with a boolean value for each section. If the value is false, then baked will not care that an import came before from. Default is true for each category.
- modules: a dictionary of categories and a list of modules. This allows baked to put each module in the category.
If you’d like to exclude an import from baked add the comment #NOQA.
With one exception, we ignore that imports should be ordered CONSTANT, Class, var. Just sort by alpha, case insensitive. That’s easier for everyone to parse.
-i change the file in place, but note that it doesn’t fix the order -p print the diff that baked has calculated
- 0.2: Is a backwards incompatible change, it focuses on generating diffs which
- is a lot easier to read than some rules. For imports statements on one line which are out of order, it still prints the import order and doesn’t try to fix it up.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size baked-0.2.tar.gz (6.0 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|