A Python client for Mozilla's basket service.
This is a client for Mozilla’s email subscription service, basket. Basket is not a real subscription service, but it talks to a real one and we don’t really care who/what it is.
There are four API methods: subscribe, unsubscribe, user, and update_user. View the basket documentation for details.
Are you looking to integrate this on a site for email subscriptions? All you need to do is:
basket.subscribe(‘<email>’, ‘<newsletter>’, <kwargs>)
You can pass additional fields as keyword arguments, such as format and country. For a list of available fields and newsletters, see the basket documentation.
Are you checking to see if a user was successfully subscribed? You can use the debug-user method like so:
And it return full details about the user. <supertoken> is a special token that grants you admin access to the data. Check with the mozilla.org developers to get it.
- URL to basket server, e.g. https://basket.mozilla.com
If you’re using Django you can simply add this setting to your settings.py file. Otherwise basket-client will look for this value in a BASKET_URL environment variable. The default is http://localhost:8000.
- Fix issue with calling subscribe with an iterable of newsletters.
- Add request function to those exposed by the basket` module.
- Add get_newsletters API method for information on currently available newsletters.
- Handle Timeout exceptions from requests.