Utility for moving data between CKAN instances using the API
Utility to migrate data between two CKAN instances using the CKAN api.
This file currently contains the configuration that is being used at DataBC for the transformation between prod and test. A detailed description of this file is available here
Configure the following env vars:
- export CKAN_API_KEY_DEST=<api key for the destination instance, should be for a ckan sysadmin user>
- export CKAN_URL_TST=
- export CKAN_API_KEY_SRC=<api key for source destination instance, should be sysadmin>
- export CKAN_URL_SRC=
- export CKAN_DO_NOT_WRITE_URL=<usually the source instance, adds checks to make no methods that make changes are not being called on this instance>
- export CKAN_NEW_USER_PSWD=
- export CKAN_TRANSFORMATION_CONFIG=
Optional env vars, These are optional vars that should NOT be used in production/ deployed versions of this code. They are parameters that help with the debugging of this code.
- export LOG_FILE_PATH= if LOG_FILE_PATH is not set then logging will only go to console.
- export DUMP_DEBUG_DATA= When the debug param is set the objects returned by the rest api get cached. Subsequent runs of the script will re-use cached objects. Also dumps comparison object data to help debug issues with change control.
Finally, environment variables are defined in the constants, making them easy to change
After the module has been installed:
pip install bcdc2bcdc
and the the env vars described above have been set, you can run the script using
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
Hashes for bcdc2bcdc-0.0.10-py3-none-any.whl