Base common calendaring features: Convinience or not coverd yet.
bda.calendar.base contains functions adressing programmers all-day tasks not (or only partly) covered by pythons datetime or zopes DateTime.
Major part of these function is timezone aware. Also ist easy to deal with timezones. An TimezoneFactory can be provided in the specific application to i.e. be aware of the users timezone (i.e. in case of webapps).
- the calendar week number of a date.
- firstDayOfCW(year, cw, tzinfo=None)
- first day of a numbered calendar week
- daysOfWeek(year, cw, tzinfo=None)
- yields 7 datetimes of the given calendar week
- calculate number of day of the year of the given datetime year
- calculates number of days of the given datetimes month
- yields all days as datetimes of the given month
- hoursOfDay(year, month, day, tzinfo=None)
- yields all hours of a day as datetimes
- isSameDay(first, second)
- detects if two dates are the same day. bool.
- Convert Python’s datetime to Zope’s DateTime. Acts timezone-aware.
- Convert Zope’s DateTime to Pythons’s datetime. Acts timezone-neutral, outcome is on UTC.
- build a ‘-‘ separated string from the datetime timetuple as UTC.
- build datetime from timetuple UTC string.
- Number of days since epoch. timezone gets a problem here, we need to normalize all to GMT to make it recognize the same day even if it a different timezone: i.e. 2008-05-01T00:00:00+02:00 (CEST)
All functions are using the timezoneAdjuster (see below). therefore a context is passed
- dtYear(dt, context=None):
- year of datetime.
- dtMonth(dt, context=None)
- month of datetime.
- dtDay(dt, context=None)
- day of datetime.
- dtHour(dt, context=None)
- hour of datetime.
- dtMinute(dt, context=None)
- minute of datetime.
- dtWeekday(dt, context=None)
- Weekday of datetime.
- Detect wether dt is instance of datetime object.
Simple recurring features. for more sophisticated recurring feature refer to dateutils.rrule
- recueDays(start, until, recuemode, offset)
- Generates list of recue days.
Dealing with timezones is always pain. With these common features it get less pain. Using ZCA where registering a common TimezoneFactory using the computers system timezone. It is used by the timezoneAdjuster. If you register a more specific TimezoneFactory following its simple interface - its just a callable - , you can implement user configurated multi-timezone aware applications. This is all based on pytz, because pytz just works.
- The timezone of the server (current computer). You never need to use this directly.
- timezoneAdjuster(context, dt)
- New datetime with given timezone. Given datetime cant be naive!
- timezone aware now datetime using utc timezone. if you need the current timezone adjust it.
- conditional ZCML for pyramid and zope. [rnix, 2011-11-16]
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size bda.calendar.base-1.2.2.tar.gz (6.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View|