Python multiprocessing fork with improvements and bugfixes
billiard is a fork of the Python 2.7 multiprocessing package. The multiprocessing package itself is a renamed and updated version of R Oudkerk’s pyprocessing package. This standalone variant draws its fixes/improvements from python-trunk and provides additional bug fixes and improvements.
- This package would not be possible if not for the contributions of not only the current maintainers but all of the contributors to the original pyprocessing package listed here.
- Also, it is a fork of the multiprocessing backport package by Christian Heims.
- It includes the no-execv patch contributed by R. Oudkerk.
- And the Pool improvements previously located in Celery.
- Billiard is used in and is a dependency for Celery and is maintained by the Celery team.
The documentation for billiard is available on Read the Docs.
billiard is part of the Tidelift Subscription
The maintainers of billiard and thousands of other packages are working with Tidelift to deliver commercial support and maintenance for the open source dependencies you use to build your applications. Save time, reduce risk, and improve code health, while paying the maintainers of the exact dependencies you use. Learn more.
Release history Release notifications | RSS feed
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.