A Buildout recipe to install conda packages
The recipe requires that Anaconda is already installed. You can use the buildout option anaconda-home to set the prefix for the anaconda installation. You can also use the recipe option prefix to set the conda prefix. Otherwise the environment variable CONDA_PREFIX (variable is set when activating a conda environment) is used as conda prefix.
This recipe supports the following options:
- Buildout option pointing to the root folder of the Anaconda installation. Default: $HOME/anaconda.
- Buildout option (optional) with channels of conda packages. Default: defaults
- Buildout option (optional) to set conda offline mode. It has no effect when buildout is already in offline mode. Default: false
- Buildout option (optional) to set channel priority in conda install. Default: true
- Path to the conda prefix (optional). If not given then CONDA_PREFIX or anaconda-home will be used.
- A list of packages to install, separated by space.
- A list of space separated conda channels (optional). These channels are merged with conda-channels option. Default: defaults.
- If True then default channels from ~/.condarc are ignored (optional). Default. true.
- If True then conda pinned file is ignored (optional). Default: false.
- Name of conda environment used for installation (optional). If environment is missing then packages are installed in the active environment.
- A list of packages to install when creating a conda environment separated by space (optional). Default: python
- A list of packages which are installed by pip into the conda enviroment (optional).
If buildout is run in offline mode no network connection will be establish and conda packages will not be installed.
If buildout is run in newest=false mode then conda dependencies are not updated.
The following example buildout.cfg installs the packages in the active conda environment.
[buildout] parts = conda [conda] recipe = birdhousebuilder.recipe.conda pkgs = lxml owslib channels = defaults birdhouse
- pep8 testing in travis (#13).
- skipped doctests and using buildout.testing (#5).
- fix conda-prefix in conda version >= 4.4 (#10).
- don’t run conda install in offline mode.
- added buildout option channel-priority.
- fixed order of channels.
- added buildout option conda-offline (#8).
- fixed: added missing CalledProcessError import
- catch conda exception (#7).
- using CONDA_PREFIX.
- added option no-pin and override-channels.
- sets conda env-path and prefix in options.
- enabled travis build.
- removed unused as_bool and makedirs functions.
- using bool_option from zc.buildout.
- using conda offline mode.
- install pip packages.
- added prefix option.
- using CONDA_ENV_PATH.
- removed default ioos conda channel.
- added default ioos conda channel.
- use buildout offline option … don’t establish internet connection when enabled.
- use CONDA_ENVS_DIR to overwrite base dir of conda environments.
- sets buildout:prefix option as installation default directory for birdhouse.
- setting anaconda-home with environment variable $ANACONDA_HOME.
- separation of install prefix and anaconda-home.
- conda environments can be created now.
- added channels option.
- added https://conda.binstar.org/birdhouse to default channels.
- added https://conda.binstar.org/scitools to default channels.
- added on on-update buildout option.
- Updated documentation.
- Initial Release.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|birdhousebuilder.recipe.conda-0.4.0.tar.gz (11.1 kB) View hashes||Source||None|
Hashes for birdhousebuilder.recipe.conda-0.4.0.tar.gz