Bitcoin made easy.
Bit is so easy to use, in fact, you can do this:
>>> from bit import Key >>> >>> my_key = Key(...) >>> my_key.get_balance('usd') '12.51' >>> >>> # Let's donate! >>> outputs = [ >>> # Wikileaks >>> ('1HB5XMLmzFVj8ALj6mfBsbifRoD4miY36v', 0.0035, 'btc'), >>> # Internet Archive >>> ('1Archive1n2C579dMsAu3iC6tWzuQJz8dN', 190, 'jpy'), >>> # The Pirate Bay >>> ('129TQVAroeehD9fZpzK51NdZGQT4TqifbG', 3, 'eur'), >>> # xkcd >>> ('14Tr4HaKkKuC1Lmpr2YMAuYVZRWqAdRTcr', 2.5, 'cad') >>> ] >>> >>> my_key.send(outputs) '9f59f5c6757ec46fdc7440acbeb3920e614c8d1d247ac174eb6781b832710c1c'
Here is the transaction https://blockchain.info/tx/9f59f5c6757ec46fdc7440acbeb3920e614c8d1d247ac174eb6781b832710c1c.
- Python’s fastest available implementation (100x faster than closest library)
- Seamless integration with existing server setups
- Supports keys in cold storage
- Fully supports 25 different currencies
- First class support for storing data in the blockchain
- Deterministic signatures via RFC 6979
- Access to the blockchain (and testnet chain) through multiple APIs for redundancy
- Exchange rate API, with optional caching
- Optimal transaction fee API, with optional caching
- Compressed public keys by default
- Multiple representations of private keys; WIF, PEM, DER, etc.
- Legacy P2PKH and Segwit nested-P2WPKH transactions
- Legacy P2SH and Segwit nested-P2WSH transactions
If you are intrigued, continue reading. If not, continue all the same!
Bit is distributed on PyPI as a universal wheel and is available on Linux/macOS and Windows and supports Python 3.5+ and PyPy3.5-v5.7.1+. pip >= 8.1.2 is required.
$ pip install bit
Docs are hosted by Github Pages and are automatically built and published by Travis after every successful commit to Bit’s master branch.
Release history Release notifications
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size bit-0.6.0-py3-none-any.whl (64.6 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size bit-0.6.0.tar.gz (56.9 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|