# Blackboard Analysis Tool
An analysis automation tool to avoid repetitive tasks while grading student assignments that have been handed in through the Blackboard learning system.
* Extract hundreds of .zip files
* Sort the files per assignment, student
* Create statistics: number of students, late assignments,...
* Download assignment files from Blackboard (e.g. gradebook_ART_EA-38302_Assignment1_2013-06-11-20-50-44.zip).
* Place these .zip files in the "input" folder.
* Run the program: ``python -m blackboard_analysis_tools``.
* Wait... (about 10 seconds when processing around 100MB of assignments) (time will vary).
* Open the "output" folder to see the results (all files sorted per student, a summary, logfile, ...).
* Install using pip: ``pip install blackboard_analysis_tools``. (Linux & Windows)
* Python Package available in the Python Package Index at: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/blackboard_analysis_tools/.
* Download the source and run ``python setup.py install``.
* Currently only tested on Linux & Windows7
* The program was created with other OS users in mind, so it will eventually get full cross-platform support.
If not stated otherwise blackboard_analysis_tools is distributed in terms of the MIT license.
See LICENSE in the distribution for details.
## Bug reports:
* Post issues to GitHub http://github.com/jeroendoggen/blackboard-analysis-tools/issues.
## What is happening behind the scenes:
1. Scan for .zip files
2. Extract the .zip files
3. Scan for .txt files (these contain the metadata that describes the student reports/assignments)
4. Analyse the .txt files
5. Create a folder for each student
6. Move all the files to the correct folder (including those with filenames that have been 'mangled' by Blackboard)
7. Write some statistics: a list of all students that have handed something in
8. Write a summary of the process: number of students, number of assignments, number of 'mangled' files,...
* Windows compatible
* Modified the default analysis options to 'AP University College'
* Cleanup temp folders
* Debug code for timing analysis
* Parallel processing (no speedup)
* Python 3.3 compatible
* Partially Windows compatible
* Sorting output folders
* Print build summary
* Detect late files
* Detect 'mangled' files
* Statistics: logfile, summary, student list
* using input & output folders
* Code cleanup: pep8, pylint
0.0.1: Basic features
* Extract .zip files
* Create student folders
* Move files to folder
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.