tools for using Blender for cv
Blender for cv
This library helps CV researchers to generate data using blender.
This repo provides a simple package
blcv that can put models into scene and get images from different viewpoints.
You can use
pip install blcv to install the package.
Note that we should use
blcv in Blender's bundled Python, so you need to install the package in Blender's Python environment.
Use the following commands:
$ cd /blender-path/2.xx/python/bin/
/blender-path/2.xx/python/bin$ python.exe get-pip.py
/blender-path/2.xx/python/bin$ python.exe -m pip install blcv
If you encounter more problems installing blcv in Blender environment, you can refer to this answer.
If there is problems using
pip, you can simply clone this repo, and use the files in
- call_blender(render_code, blender_executable_path, blank_blend_file_path, io_redirect='', background=True): activate Blender and call the script
- render_code: directory to Blender script
- blender_executable_path: directory to Blender.exe
- blank_blend_file_path: Blender file
- io_redirect: redirect the output into a file, use '' to show the output in command lines
- background: whether run the Blender in background, default as 'True'
- BcObject: operate an existed object in the scene
- init(self, id): input the name of the object
- destroy(self): delete the object
- set_loc(self, x, y, z): set the object's location
- get_loc(self, x, y, z): get the object's location
- set_rot(self, x, y, z, w=None, mode='XYZ'): set the object's rotation; the mode includes 'AXIS_ANGLE', 'QUATERNION' and 'XYZ'
- get_rot(self, mode='XYZ', w=None): set the object's rotation; the mode includes 'AXIS_ANGLE', 'QUATERNION' and 'XYZ'
- set_scale(self, x, y, z): set the object's scale
- get_scale(self, ): get the object's scale
- BcCamera(BcObject): operate an camera in the scene
- init(self, id): input the name of the camera
- set_camera_to_center(self, dist, azimuth_deg, elevation_deg, theta_deg): given the camera's rotation, set the camera in the position towards the center point [0, 0, 0]
- set_render_mode(self, mode): set the background mode
- get_img(self, filepath): save image crop in filaepath
- import_obj(shape_file): import a new model into the scene and return its name
You can modify the configurations and run
start_blender.py to call
blender_script in Blender.
The demo generates airplane images from circle viewpoints using the models in
examples folder, the results will be saved in
If you have any questions or encounter any problems, feel free to contact me by email@example.com.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.