Blo - a simple static blog generator
Blo (blog + bro) - yet another static site generator for personal blogs. The aim is to make a really easy tool for creating new notes and customizing your site. Do less actions and have much opportunity to make a unique site.
- Comfortable cli control.
- Easy config edit in JSON files.
- Drafts templates: default content for new notes, useful for planning new posts.
- Page templates: easy HTML/Jinja2 customize and improve.
- SEO friendly (as I could make it).
- Microformats for better snippets in Google/Bing/etc.
- Markdown with use of meta-tags to customize pages more with different data.
- Code highlight with Pygments.
- RSS feed generation
pip install blo
Or download repo and execute:
python setup.py install
Create a new blog:
blo create myblog cd myblog
Create a new page or post:
blo post hello-world
You can also use pipe with your favorite editor:
blo post hello-world | xargs subl
Run blog locally:
Global site variables and technical paths are in default.json.
Templates for diffirent types of content are in draft_templates.json
Adding a custom type of content
You can add you page HTML templates for diffirent types of content.
- Add new HTML template to templates folder with a name of post type (ex. book.html)
- Add new draft template to draft_templates.json, you can also set an URL template and default content for new type of page
- Now you can make new type of posts: blo post just-for-fun --type book