Script to setup a Zope project directory.
BlueBream makes it easy to setup a new project using Zope packages. BlueBream generate a project directory from a template called bluebream. The template is created using PasteScript by Ian Bicking.
- Generated project package includes ZTK with few additional packages which was part of “Zope 3”.
- Runnable Buildout
- Functional testing enabled by default using z3c.testsetup
- Use PasteDeploy
- Create a namespace package by default.
To create a new project, first you need to install BlueBream:
$ easy_install bluebream
Access to PyPI is required to perform the installation and bootstrapping process.
Once BlueBream is installed, run paster command to create the project directory. The create sub-command provided by paster will show a wizard to create the project directory.
$ paster create -t bluebream
You need to provide the project name and namespace package name. The project name will be used as the egg name.
The project name can be give given as a command line argument:
$ paster create -t bluebream sampleproject
The name of namespace package also can be given from the command line:
$ paster create -t bluebream sampleproject namespace_package=mycompany
The generated package include Buildout’s bootstrap.py script and configuration file. First you need to bootstrap the buildout:
$ cd sampleproject $ python2.6 bootstrap.py
After bootstrap, run the buildout:
To run test cases:
To run the server:
$ ./bin/paster serve debug.ini
For testing purpose, you can access the “hello” view registered here: http://localhost:8080/@hello
- LP #502817: var directory and its subdirectories not exist
- Documentation improvements: added “Usage” section
- Added functional testing support for project
- Sphinx based documentation infrastruture improvements
- LP #502529: Update wizard to ask all package meta to be updated in setup.py
- Fix missing package data. The 0.1.0 releases was broken.
- Improve documentation.
- Initial release.