jQuery-powered auto-complete fields for editing ForeignKey, ManyToManyField and CharField
Enables editing of ForeignKey, ManyToManyField and CharField using jQuery UI AutoComplete.
- The user types a search term into the text field
- An ajax request is sent to the server.
- The dropdown menu is populated with results.
- User selects by clicking or using arrow keys
- Selected result displays in the “deck” area directly below the input field.
- User can click trashcan icon to remove a selected item
- Django 1.2+
- Optional boostrap mode allows easy installation by automatic inclusion of jQueryUI from the googleapis CDN
- Compatible with staticfiles, appmedia, django-compressor etc
- Popup to add a new item is supported
- Admin inlines now supported
- Ajax Selects works in the admin and also in public facing forms.
- Rich formatting can be easily defined for the dropdown display and the selected “deck” display.
- Templates and CSS are fully customizable
- Default (but customizable) security prevents griefers from pilfering your data via JSON requests