A framework for creating stateful chatbots on Django.
Botshot Chatbot Framework
Botshot is a Python/Django framework for building stateful chatbots and conversational interfaces.
With Botshot, you can build complex chatbots that remember past conversations.
- Receive messages from Messenger, Telegram or Amazon Alexa (more platforms coming soon)
- Understand and parse messages using a NLU service
- e.g. "Show me the best concert" -> intent: recommend, query: concert
- Manage the dialogue and move between the conversation's states
- Keep track of the context and history of the conversation
- Send messages and media back to the user
- Send proactive messages and notifications
- Connect to 3rd party APIs and analytics
Just install the package and run the
bots script. You will also need the Redis database.
sudo apt install redis-server pip3 install botshot bots init my_bot && cd my_bot bots start
That's it! Now open http://127.0.0.1:8000/chat and chat with your bot.
You may also want to add some actual content, so check the docs ;-)
Find out how to make your own chatbot in the Docs.
Questions? Join us on Slack!
This project is dual licensed. You may only use Botshot for open-source projects under the AGPL license. If you'd like to use Botshot for commercial projects, please contact us for a commercial license.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.