Swagger integration for Bottle
So if you are serving a REST API with Bottle, and you have a defined a Swagger schema for that API, this plugin can:
- Validate incoming requests and outgoing responses against the swagger schema
- Return appropriate error responses on validation failures
- Serve your swagger schema via Bottle (for use in Swagger UI for example)
- Python >= 2.7
- Bottle >= 0.12
- Swagger specification >= 2.0
This project relies on bravado-core to perform the swagger schema validation, so any version of the Swagger spec supported by that project is also supported by this plugin.
$ pip install bottle-swagger
See the “example” directory for a working example of using this plugin.
The simplest usage is:
import bottle swagger_def = _load_swagger_def() bottle.install(SwaggerPlugin(swagger_def))
Where “_load_swagger_def” returns a dict representing your swagger specification (loaded from a yaml file, for example).
There are a number of arguments that you can pass to the plugin constructor:
- validate_requests - Boolean (default True) indicating if incoming requests should be validated or not
- validate_responses - Boolean (default True) indicating if outgoing responses should be validated or not
- ignore_undefined_routes - Boolean (default False) indicating if undefined routes (that is, routes not defined in the swagger spec) should be passed on (“True”) or return a 404 (“False”)
- invalid_request_handler - Callback called when request validation has failed. Default behaviour is to return a “400 Bad Request” response.
- invalid_response_handler - Callback called when response validation has failed. Default behaviour is to return a “500 Server Error” response.
- swagger_op_not_found_handler - Callback called when no swagger operation matching the request was found in the swagger schema. Default behaviour is to return a “404 Not Found” response.
- exception_handler=_server_error_handler - Callback called when an exception is thrown by downstream handlers (including exceptions thrown by your code). Default behaviour is to return a “500 Server Error” response.
- serve_swagger_schema - Boolean (default True) indicating if the Swagger schema JSON should be served
- swagger_schema_url - URL (default /swagger.json) on which to serve the Swagger schema JSON
All the callbacks above receive a single parameter representing the Exception that was raised, or in the case of swagger_op_not_found_handler the Route that was not found. They should all return a Bottle Response object.
Development happens in the bottle-swagger GitHub respository. Pull requests (with accompanying unit tests), feature suggestions and bug reports are welcome.
Use “tox” to run the unit tests:
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size & hash||File type||Python version||Upload date|
|bottle-swagger-1.2.0.tar.gz (6.1 kB) View hashes||Source||None|