briar wrapper for briar:headless
A wrapper library for Briar to run on Python platforms. It uses the Briar REST API and therefore requires Java.
- Main platform is GNU/Linux, but should also support (at least) Windows and macOS
- Analogously, main platform is x86, but should also support (at least) arm
I forgot my password.
In case you forgot your password, there's no other way than to delete your old
account and start from scratch. Call
rm -rf ~/.briar/ to delete your current
How can I transfer contacts from my Android device?
By using adb, you can copy the database and keys from a Briar Android installation. Note that your smartphone needs to be rooted for this.
You can either use the script at tools/copy-db-from-android.sh or do it manually:
- Start briar-gtk and register a dummy account. This will create the needed directory structure at ~/.briar/. Close the program afterwards.
- Enable adb on your smartphone and give it root permissions.
- Connect via adb and gain root permissions using
- Copy all important files using
adb pull: /data/data/org.briarproject.briar.android/app_db/db.mv.db, /data/data/org.briarproject.briar.android/app_key/db.key, /data/data/org.briarproject.briar.android/app_key/db.key.bak
- Replace the respecting files in ~/.briar/db and ~/.briar/key.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more details.
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.
|Filename, size||File type||Python version||Upload date||Hashes|
|Filename, size briar_wrapper-0.0.2-py3-none-any.whl (18.7 kB)||File type Wheel||Python version py3||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
|Filename, size briar_wrapper-0.0.2.tar.gz (18.6 kB)||File type Source||Python version None||Upload date||Hashes View hashes|
Hashes for briar_wrapper-0.0.2-py3-none-any.whl