This plugin implements a profiler for buildbot master.
- It uses statistical profiling loosely based on plop https://github.com/bdarnell/plop
- Suitable for prod as statistical profiling is very low overhead
- Profiles all threads including main thread and db threads
- Removes noise samples when the threads are actually in the main loop
- In-browser UI based on nvd3 and d3-flame-graph
- Show cpu and memory percent over time
- flame graph can be restricted to a subset of the trace
- Detailed caller/callee are displayed when clicking on a function
pip install buildbot_profiler
then in master.cfg:
c['www']['plugins']['profiler'] = True
A standalone viewer is provided for offline browse of user submitted profiles.
Then you can open your browser on http://localhost:8080
Download the file for your platform. If you're not sure which to choose, learn more about installing packages.