buildout.packager generate installer from setup.py and buildout.cfg files.
distutils extension module - create an buildout-based installer.
zc.buildout is a Python-based build system for creating, assembling and deploying applications from multiple parts, some of which may be non-Python-based. It lets you create a buildout configuration and reproduce the same software later. – http://www.buildout.org/
buildout.packager creates single-file installers for an buildout-environment along with all dependencies, which can be used without network access.
- Python 2.5 or later
- InnoSetup for Windows installer
- You can create an installer reproducing zc.buildout environment.
- installer metadata over setup() metadata
- The installer doesn’t bundle Python interpreter.
- Not implemented for Unix environment.
from setuptools import setup setup( name='Sphinx', version='1.0', )
[buildout] parts = app [app] recipe = zc.recipe.egg eggs = Sphinx
Do the command
python setup.py bdist_buildout.
Then you get the installation file named
- first release
- use innosetup package
- replace os.system with subprocess
- Process restart probrem when zc.buildout upgrate it by oneself.